• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cheaney

shoefan57

Reaction score
On a Cheaney note, just taken delivery of a pair of Bury”s in Burgundy Museum Calf. Absolutely fantastic boot! Cheaney are really knocking the ball out of the park these days.

carlos20co

Reaction score
I just bought their last Blakeney pair, which are the rebranded Cheaney's Tweed boots, without the speed hooks of the original model. I went with the same size as my Jarrow boots, as they use the same last that fits me well after downsizing half a size.

My Jarrows are true to size and feel just fine therefore I ordered the same size on the Blakene but they feel a little longer for some reason. I think I could have gone half a size down, but I guess I have room for thicker socks. I've put the both side by side and they are exactly the same size and width so it's weird.
By the way, I have a pair of the rebranded Jarrows from Pediwear on the way.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Jarrows are true to size and feel just fine therefore I ordered the same size on the Blakene but they feel a little longer for some reason. I think I could have gone half a size down, but I guess I have room for thicker socks. I've put the both side by side and they are exactly the same size and width so it's weird.
By the way, I have a pair of the rebranded Jarrows from Pediwear on the way.
My feet are slim and with a low instep, so I must downsize very often with most "country" lasts, which tend to be wide and with a generous volume.

shoefan57

Reaction score
IMO Cheaney are a brilliant company for several reasons, not least their footwear. But also because they make everything “skin to box” in England ( for reference Grenson claim they can’t afford to and only their £450+ shoes are made in England at same quality level as Cheaney who are priced a bit lower). And also because if I’ve read Cheaney’s accounts at Companies House right, William and Jonathon Church are not milking the business. Their salaries are modest indeed compared with some CEOs or owners of UK shoe companies. The other person taking a relatively modest salary, perhaps surprisingly, is the owner of Edward Green. It seems these guys really are in it to make good shoes in England.

lvoonjian8888

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone compare TLB Main Line Keaton Double Monks with Alan last with Cheaney Imperial line double monks shoe before? Would like to know the difference in quality, fit & build.

carlos20co

Reaction score
Breaking in these Cley boots made by Cheaney. Unlike my other boots made in the same last, these are giving me a hard time to break in. They are tight at the ball of the foot and I’m hoping they give otherwise I’ll have to take them to the cobbler to stretch.

3870E8F1-C280-4752-8E73-CD028CC0C2D7.jpeg

E3B9E63C-F92A-4082-AC46-04D9367A8C18.jpeg

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breaking in these Cley boots made by Cheaney. Unlike my other boots made in the same last, these are giving me a hard time to break in. They are tight at the ball of the foot and I’m hoping they give otherwise I’ll have to take them to the cobbler to stretch.

View attachment 1826065
View attachment 1826066
Sorry to hear that they aren't as easy to break as the Jarrow boots, as they are the same boots with different branding. The leather looks somewhat stiffer than the usual Cheaney's grain, but it can be just an impression, otherwise, they look very nice.

You can try to put their shoe trees with a couple of thick socks for a couple of days, as a way to stretch them before going to the cobbler. This might help to solve the problem.

My "Tweed C boots from Pediwear" are still in transit, the tracking doesn't say anything after "exported from the UK" so I really don't know when they will arrive. From a previous experience with a pair of shoes sent with Parcel Force from AFPOS, they took a couple of months to arrive: a wonderful "express service" compared to DHL, which has become very expensive for shipping to my country.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellimac