• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Stratfords arrived today,it says 103 last,a slightly different shape from the Avon as you can see....
1636834347448.png

Northants bloke

Reaction score
The colour is Cedar and I quite like it,not sure whether I will keep them.
View attachment 1703199
I have some chukkas a similar colour to these. Pretty good with mid or light blue jeans or possibly khaki. I don't tend to wear them much which is why I darkened my Liffey boots. It's strange that 103 last isn't mentioned on the Cheaney website. It seems they are exclusive to Jones Bootmaker. They still look fine

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some chukkas a similar colour to these. Pretty good with mid or light blue jeans or possibly khaki. I don't tend to wear them much which is why I darkened my Liffey boots. It's strange that 103 last isn't mentioned on the Cheaney website. It seems they are exclusive to Jones Bootmaker. They still look fine
I really like them,colour,shape, leather but they are very similar to a pair of Church that I have...here's a comparison.
1636872787505.png

happydayz1

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some advice with regard to the 11028 last vs the 125 last.

I have about 5 pairs of Cheaney on the 11028 last, from Herring Premier to the City Line, all lace up. Good fit in 8F. What works well for me is the narrow / secure heel and the bit of extra length in the toe box on the 11028. I have a low instep.

I am strongly considering a pair of the Godfrey D Chelsea Boots in suede on the 125 last but want to get an idea if I should stick to the 8F. Internal measurements of these two last appear to be very similar in 8F, i.e. 289 mm length and 243mm joint girth on the 11028 and 290mm length and 245mm joint girth on the 125. My only concern is that the 125 may come up slightly big on the basis of the above and given this would be a suede Chelsea boot.

Thanks

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking for some advice with regard to the 11028 last vs the 125 last.

I have about 5 pairs of Cheaney on the 11028 last, from Herring Premier to the City Line, all lace up. Good fit in 8F. What works well for me is the narrow / secure heel and the bit of extra length in the toe box on the 11028. I have a low instep.

I am strongly considering a pair of the Godfrey D Chelsea Boots in suede on the 125 last but want to get an idea if I should stick to the 8F. Internal measurements of these two last appear to be very similar in 8F, i.e. 289 mm length and 243mm joint girth on the 11028 and 290mm length and 245mm joint girth on the 125. My only concern is that the 125 may come up slightly big on the basis of the above and given this would be a suede Chelsea boot.

Thanks

Welcome to the Cheaney thread! I have multiple pairs of Cheaney on both 11028 and 125 last and the 11028 is the better fit for me. 125 is a bit wider indeed, which I mostly notice with my Jackie chukka boots.

I also own the Godfrey D chelsea in suede and sized half a size down for them (to 7.5 UK, I am a 8 UK normally) to see how that would fit. They were quite tight in the toe area, so I should have stayed with my original size 8 in hindsight. I stretched them up quite a bit and they fit okay now.

So my advise would be to take the same size in 125 as in 11028, unless you have a very narrow forefoot.

happydayz1

Reaction score
Welcome to the Cheaney thread! I have multiple pairs of Cheaney on both 11028 and 125 last and the 11028 is the better fit for me. 125 is a bit wider indeed, which I mostly notice with my Jackie chukka boots.

I also own the Godfrey D chelsea in suede and sized half a size down for them (to 7.5 UK, I am a 8 UK normally) to see how that would fit. They were quite tight in the toe area, so I should have stayed with my original size 8 in hindsight. I stretched them up quite a bit and they fit okay now.

So my advise would be to take the same size in 125 as in 11028, unless you have a very narrow forefoot.

Great, thanks for the reply.

I will go ahead and try the same size in the Godfrey D.

I was also looking at the Church’s Prenton R in Superbuck having previously owned the Houston R Chelsea boot but generally much prefer Cheaney shoes. The Stead Janus suede used on the Godfrey bitter chocolate also looks nicer in hand from recollection over some of the competitors. Just a pity there are no longer any stockists local to me for the purposes of trying on!

Northants bloke

Reaction score

This makes sense. I'm between sizes but found some suede 125's (in the lower size) very forgiving despite a sleek appearance. The 11028s were really snug at first but eventually became painful so I regretted not sizing them up and got rid.
Godfrey Chelsea Boots certainly look really nice. Please remember to post photos @happydayz1 . Enjoy!

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Anyone here own or have experience with their Hudson loafer? I really like the classic English shape and am looking for a new loafer
Does anyone know how to size for it? Half size down or TTS?

Sorry not my thing. Does anyone else know these loafers?

Last edited:

happydayz1

Reaction score
The Godfrey D arrived (quickly).The Bitter Chocolate is darker than I had anticipated, although not quite as dark as the photos suggest. It is a very rich deep brown. Suede quality seems good. Fit wise, it made sense to stick with the same size as my 11028s so thanks for the advice there. I would describe them as being roomier / more voluminous than the 11028 with some minor heel slippage but I anticipate that would rectify with wear. A smaller size would have been too short though. I kind of want the Mocha Calf leather pair now!
A60C44D2-F592-4B69-A23F-9ED387220C0A.jpeg
A5ACEA6A-7E74-4732-A2D5-AFF7EC816C1F.jpeg
2749F61B-558A-4F81-A76E-C1C83FE133CD.jpeg
5245EAF9-3C9D-416E-899D-4C65F88A1C1C.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads