• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cheaney sizing, stand alone ?

lowbudgetsnob

Reaction score
Just got some last dimensions for several sizes from Cheaney. It seems that I would need to go down 1.0 or 1.5 sizes from US to Cheaney instead of the usual 0.5 to 1.0 for US to UK. Also, the rep insists that a US E width corresponds best to their medium
or average F fitting.
Does Cheaney use a different scale than other UK brands ?

Oh, relevant comments are the most sought . Ones like, " I stick to AE" or "What's wrong with Alden? " or " British shoes are for Hobbit feet " are not.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's strange. I wear 8.5US, and Cheaneys size 8uk fit well.

Expat Simon

Reaction score
I'd say that Cheaney fit true to size, I'm a 10.5 UK in Cheaney, Crocket & Jones, Alfred Sargent, Sanders & Sanders, Loake, Barker etc. Although in Trickers, I'm a 10 UK.

Usually that means I'm an 11.5 US, although not in Aldens, as they seem to have their own unique sizing thing going on...

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the same (11 UK) in G&G TG73, Cheaney 205/11525 and Carmina Simpson. As for American brands, 12.5 C Allen Edmonds 5 last, 12 Alden Aberdeen last.

Cheaney generally has a high instep BTW.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 119 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%