Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cheaney Fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bdbuchan, Jul 8, 2011.

1. bdbuchan

bdbuchan Member

I'm having trouble finding a satisfactory answer to the question "how do cheaney's fit?" Anyone have any thoughts on this or know of an applicable post?

Also, I have some 11D Allen Edmonds (7 last) that fit, but if anything, are slightly large. Can anyone make a size recommendation/conversion based on that info?

*I realize posting a specific last would be helpful, but in this particular case, I think generalizations will suffice.

Thanks!

2. Leather man

Leather man Senior member

On most of their lasts the F fit is equivalent to a US E/D fit. However the 175 and 11028 last are more generous.

3. NORE

NORE Senior member

The one pair of Cheaneys I've owned from the Premeir Range I took an 11.5F and I wear a 12E in Edward green.

4. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

for me they fit true to size in that a US 10 is a UK 9. You being loose in an AE 11, you may want to consider a 9.5 in cheaney

5. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

6. maj

maj Senior member

I have the Cheaney Welbeck (last 2003, F fitting) in size 8. It fits quite well. And the AE 7 last happens to be the best fitting AE last for me (MacNeil in 9D). So, AE 9D = Cheaney 8F = very good fit for me. YMMV.

7. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

I have the Cheaney Fenchurch in last 11028 - size down 1 from my US size. Great fit, much better than my Loakes, which fit a bit loose in comparison. Nice classic shape to the last.

8. blahman

blahman Senior member

I have the F width O'Toole in the 11028 last and I can also confirm that you need whole size down. I ordered half size down and I had to put in additional padding to fill it. Also finding the width generous. Shape is classic but the toes a bit too rounded to my taste (I just prefer a mild chiseled toe for my shoes).

9. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

for additional reference. ...Glad I went with 5.5 on the Gladstone, Thanks for all the info.....

- last 11028 (Gladstone from Herrings), I decided to go with UK 5.5 due to sleeker toe shape...fits like a glove
    - last 175, I have UK 6 (Grassmere), for thicker socks during F/W wear. Some space around the toe box, but nonetheless, it fits well..

I wear size UK 5.5 on C&J 348 and 341; and US 6.5 on AE #5 and #7....

...Gladstone pics...a little grainy from cell camera...color is burnished Chestnut
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Grassmere....
    [​IMG]

- Gladstone and Grassmere....
    [​IMG]

10. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

I'm glad I found this thread just as I was about to the trigger on some Olds on the 11028 and was going to get 9.5. I've ordered them in a 9. We'll see...

11. Stani777

Stani777 Member

I'm also looking at some cheaneys in this last, choosing between 9 and 9.5. Whats with your pair, did you get it, how does it fit you?

12. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

Unfortunately, I won't be much help here because the store had made a mistake in their inventory and I ended up with a different shoe entirely. Good luck!