Cheaney Aviator Range

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GSARider, Jan 27, 2016.

1. GSARider

GSARider Active Member

Hi guys, does anyone have first hand experience of the Aviator range of boots from Cheaney?

I've been looking at the Lancaster boots in the range for a couple of months for a pair of warm winter boots. I don't walk about much outside, mainly indoors at work, but a lot of cold concrete floors, etc.

Love the look of these boots, but can't find any reviews. I'm going over to a Cheaney store on Saturday to have a look.

[​IMG]

2. GSARider

GSARider Active Member

Went over to the Cambridge store and bought a pair of the Lancaster's. Got home and whilst polishing them, discovered that growth marks in the toe area of one of the boots was more than I expected. Then when I went to try them on, the tongue in on boot, came off.

Disappointed, I returned to Cheaney's and had a call with the factory. Regarding the growth marks, they said that they were within the tolerance they set for such things - I disagreed with this.

The tongue coming off - their shoemakers opined that I must have tried to pull them on via the tongue and hence ripped it out - this I definitely didn't do:satisfied:

So overall, not a great experience with these boots.

The store staff in Cambridge however were very nice and helpful.