• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney at P Lal

jwong6590

Reaction score
what do you think of the Cheaney shoes at P. lal in Malaysia? They are samples or factory seconds. Do you have any experience with them? Is it worth buying at usd 211 per pair?

jwong6590

Reaction score
Hello all, can someone please share his experience on this matter with me? I would really appreciate it. If I really decided to buy it, what should I be looking for(defects)?

pupjoint

Reaction score
i checked them out , they look good. problem is size availability.

the shoes look way better than any Gucci, Prada, Ferragamo, Bally i have ever seen.

if they have your size, get it. i think most of the shoes they have only US 7 or US 8 biggest
frown.gif

hst

Reaction score
Yes, they are mostly seconds at PLal. Once you have decided on which pair of shoes to get, you should ask PLal staff to let you know what are the defects that result in it being a second. If the defect is acceptable to you, then I don't see why you cannot get it. My experience with seconds (not Cheaney though) is the defects are generally not visible.

Alternatively, there are a lot of shoes you could pick up from B/S with a budget of $200.

Madrileno

Reaction score
I don't agree at all with the previous poster (although I only bougth C&J from them), all the pairs I have bought from plal weren't seconds.

hst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Madrileno
I don't agree at all with the previous poster (although I only bougth C&J from them), all the pairs I have bought from plal weren't seconds.

The C&J stock that they have is not seconds. But the Cheaneys are - and PLal told me as such.

hymo

Reaction score
I live in Kuala Lumpur and have visited Plal multiple times and have inspected almost every pair of Cheaney in size 7 that they have. These are real seconds: the defects are pretty obvious to me. Often these are deep scuffs in the leather. Sometimes it is a stitching that has gone off the edge. Othertimes the leather shaft slipped during lasting, causing the shoe to be misshapen.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it confirmed that neither Plal nor Pediwear C&Js are seconds?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Is it confirmed that neither Plal nor Pediwear C&Js are seconds?
Plal are not seconds. There were some threads a couple of months ago complaining about the quality of C&Js from Pediwear and questioning whether they were seconds. FWIW I just got a pair of Loake 1880s from Pediwear for my son and quality and service were both great.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've gotten C&Js from Pediwear and they seemed fine, no noticeable defects. Everytime I've inquired about stock from them, it seems like they didn't have it and order it as needed from C&J.

jwong6590

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hst
Yes, they are mostly seconds at PLal. Once you have decided on which pair of shoes to get, you should ask PLal staff to let you know what are the defects that result in it being a second. If the defect is acceptable to you, then I don't see why you cannot get it. My experience with seconds (not Cheaney though) is the defects are generally not visible.

Alternatively, there are a lot of shoes you could pick up from B/S with a budget of $200.

What I am worrying about is the staff would not honest about the defects and the defects are hidden (not visible to naked eyes). What is B/S?

jwong6590

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Madrileno

But, it is stated clearly on P Lal website that all their Cheaney are seconds.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwong6590
What is B/S?

There's a lot of BS on SF, but I believe this refers to the Buying and Selling Forum here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads