1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Chartreuse!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by LabelKing, Jul 2, 2010.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Who is a fan of Green and Yellow Chartreuse?

I am.

[​IMG]

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Most disappointing turnout.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I've got a bottle of green. Can't remember what cocktail I bought it to make.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I've got a bottle of green. Can't remember what cocktail I bought it to make.

I like it in the Last Word.

The Last Word combines some of my favorite ingredients: gin, Green Chartreuse, cherry-derived liquer(Maraschino), and lime juice.

5. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

i like the green, but i have yet to find the V.E.P. but i prefer it chilled.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I recently bought their Elixir-Vegetal, which comes in an impressive 142 proof.

[​IMG]

7. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

I recently bought their Elixir-Vegetal, which comes in an impressive 142 proof.

[​IMG]

have you found the V.E.P. yet?

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

9. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

more than doubel the price i have found online in some british site. i am waitng to find a bar that has it to try it first.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3210.aspx

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

The Last Word combines some of my favorite ingredients: gin, Green Chartreuse, cherry-derived liquer(Maraschino), and lime juice.

I have all those. What are the proportions? Hmm, actually, I'm wondering if that was what I made. Or it could be something Hunts has suggested.

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I have all those. What are the proportions? Hmm, actually, I'm wondering if that was what I made. Or it could be something Hunts has suggested.
    Everything is equal parts I believe. Shaken with ice and then strained.

13. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am a fan of chartreuse metal flake Fender Stratocasters. Dick Dale, one of the original surf guitar greats made this color famous on his highly customized Strat. The Fender Custom Shop made this one in original specs but with the Dick Dale custom color chartreuse. Andy Spade has a copy in his Soho store.

[​IMG]

Perhaps I should buy a bottle of the liquor to stand next to it?

14. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Green Chartreuse is my absolute hands-down favorite liqueur. Love the stuff!

Yellow Chartreuse, not so much. It's okay--but it just seems like sort of a watered-down, chickenshit version of the sublime Green.

I forget who the noted wit was who said that any religion that could come up with Green Chartreuse had to have something going for it!

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Interesting. An old time drink from Detroit is now hitting the hip scene in Seattle. Also, you're correct. Equal portions of each. Will have to make one this weekend at home.

16. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I am definitely a fan of Chartreuse in all incarnations.
    Everything is equal parts I believe. Shaken with ice and then strained.
    LK is right -- my main use for Green is the Last Word:
    For the Yellow, I go with the Widow's Kiss:
    ~ H

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Not nearly as nice a presentation, but I tossed this together as soon as I got home: [​IMG] [​IMG] Only had lemons though [​IMG]

18. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

How was it?

I fear the lemons lack the tartness that makes that particular drink unique.

I like a brandied cherry in the Last Word. A real maraschino cherry--made by Luxardo--also works.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

How was it?

I like a brandied cherry in the Last Word. A real maraschino cherry--made by Luxardo--also works.

Quite nice. Interesting flavour profile. Will regroup with a lime tomorrow or Sunday.

20. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Green Chartreuse is my absolute hands-down favorite liqueur. Love the stuff! Yellow Chartreuse, not so much. It's okay--but it just seems like sort of a watered-down, chickenshit version of the sublime Green. I forget who the noted wit was who said that any religion that could come up with Green Chartreuse had to have something going for it!
    Chartreuse--the only liquor so good they named a color after it. Yellow chartreuse is nice when you put a small drop of it in champagne; the late Czar Nicholas II was fond of this practice.