Charlotte NC worth a stop?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Coldsnap, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Going to do a night in the mountains and thought a night in the city would be fun too. Charlotte NC is on the way back, was wondering if it's worth a stop to eat / drink / sight see for a night or two. Any recommendations?

2. suited

suited Senior member

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016

3. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member

Charlotte has some pretty good food options from my experience. Upstream is great if you like seafood. BBQ is good (obviously), and I actually had pretty good hibachi there too.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, I heard Charlotte has some good food. What about weird fun stuff to do?

5. KOdelphia

KOdelphia New Member

The city has a really nice greenway to run or bike, and a lot of fun things I dig there are on this list: http://www.charlotteonthecheap.com/weird-things-to-see-in-charlotte/ and I really like David Černý's Metalmorphosis scultpture, it's pretty freaky. Davidson street between 34th and 36th is a really chill little neighborhood with good food, tattoo shops, brewery, and music venues, my cousin used to live right there. It's a pretty fun little city.