• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Xavier's Style

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched the 3 X-men movies this past week.

Did anyone else notice Xavier's suits?

Very nice. Single breasted, peak lapels, 3 piece. Beautiful fabrics.

The leader of the X-men certainly has good taste. I wonder who his tailor is.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
His shoes were nice, too. You get a good shot of them when he floats out of his chair during the confrontation with Phoenix.

I did notice something odd about his sleeve buttons, but I didn't get a good look.

I also liked Beast's ties.

coachvu

Reaction score
Yes, his suits also struck me as very nice, although I think some of his tie/pocket square combinations were a bit much.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
and how well they dressed up rebecca stamos

until this movie I had never been into her, but WOW, with her black hair...!!!

+1 on Chuckle's suiting

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Did everyone stick around for the hidden sceen at the end of the credits?

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
His shoes were nice, too. You get a good shot of them when he floats out of his chair during the confrontation with Phoenix.

My girlfriend caught me looking at (shoe) Appreciation earlier in the day before we went to see the movie, the "most beautiful shoe in the world" thread... right at this shot during the movie she turned to me and whispered "look, he's wearing those shoes you like."

blush.gif

I was thinking of starting this thread, I never noticed in X1 or X2, but Xavier's ties certainly caught my eye in X3. I noticed at least 3 or 4 exquisitely tied knots and the suits were pretty dashing also. Magneto would've looked good too if they hadn't stuck him in that depressing helmet for most of the movie.
I think my favorite moment of the entire flick was when Wolverine looks at Beast and just spits "Nice suit." Somebody should get Hugh Jackman and Kelsey Grammer accounts here.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
Yup. Here's the question, though: How did he have the same voice?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

I missed it
mad.gif
....so what was the hidden scene?

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He even wore captoe boots in a scene

Mr Sola

Reaction score
X isn't dead. And I think it was his voice.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
X isn't dead. And I think it was his voice.
Yes it was his voice. But how under those conditions? Shouldn't it have been the other guy's voice as it was his body?

Mr Sola

Reaction score
If I remember the comic correctly, he alters our perception of reality so that he looks and sounds like himself.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WARNING: SPOILERS! DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!!!

Originally Posted by AlanC
Yup. Here's the question, though: How did he have the same voice?

I'll bet anyone one dollar I'm correct: that body was a clone of him.

Notice that the nose and chest hair were Patrick Stewart's? Notice you never really see the face? Notice that he did have the same voice (yes, I know it's a common device, but...)? Notice Xavier's smile just before he died?

But most importantly, notice that the nurse, though startled, immediately knew who it was? This was planned all along by Xavier. He was talking to Storm earlier in the movie about taking over. FORESHADOWING! Plus, during his ethics discussion with his students, Xavier posed the question of transferring the consciousness of one person to this being. It all fits. Plus, it's a handy and convenient way to (a.) heighten the mystery and drama that accompanies Xavier's death; and (b.) bring back Patrick Stewart if there's a next one. (Stewart already said in interviews he'd love to do it again.)

That being said, yes, the suits were impeccable. They even looked superb in a sitting position, something that can bunch up even some very nicely-fitted suits.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
FORESHADOWING!

"Foreshadowing: Your Guide To Quality Cinema." --Berke Breathed with an assist from AlanC

Yes, Prof. X clearly is now in the formerly brain impaired body. My question related to the fact that unless it is a clone it should have the voice of the body, not Prof. X. I think you are right that the body must have been one that he was holding in reserve for just such a necessity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads