Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charles Tyrwhitt Tweed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Marc Voorhees, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

I was looking at getting a few tweed jackets and an over coat from Charles Tyrwhitt. I have several CT shirts, and i happen to like them quite a bit, but i know very little about the quality of their jackets and suits. Does anyone have an opinion on their tweeds specifically? i have not seen them in person, only online. They have harris and donegal tweeds from about 450. is this a decent price for specific tweed?

Thanks all!

2. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

3. printyra

printyra Active Member

bump as well, I am curious about CT odd jackets/sport coats as well.

4. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Charles Tyrwhitt do some great jackets. The problem is: they tend to run a little big! I am a 37" chest, but can usually get away with a 38" (and possible taking in at the waist), but with Charles Tyrwhitt, their 38" fits like a 40"! The only good thing is: The sleeves fit me well, if I buy a long. If you are a 40" chest, go for a 38", IMO, but if you are smaller than 40", avoid CT!

They, also, tend to have a lot of sales, so wait till end of season, and you can snap up a £200 jacket for £100! :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012