1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Charles Tyrwhitt shoes quality - worth $125-$135

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mikeynyc, Jul 21, 2006.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

I just received my cherry brown suede full brogue boots from CT. They are absolutely gorgeous. I tried them on quickly and they are a bit on the large side. Thick socks will be necessary but they're for the cooler weather anyway so that's fine. And some insoles which I would probably wear anyway will certainly fix them up a treat.

I'm very happy with them so far.

For what it's worth and all...

bob

2. Thurston

Thurston Well-Known Member

I'm wearing them for the first time today. I think the overall quality is pretty good. The sole construction is clearly the weak point in my example. Where the two pieces of outer sole are tapered and joined is pretty sloppy when viewed from the side. However, I think they're well worth the $135 I paid.

The color is deeper and richer than the flat pasty color shown online. The edge dressing on the soles is also darker and more appropriate than shown online. They make quite a nice appearance, actually. FWIW, I am a pretty standard US 10 D. I ordered a UK9F/US9-1/2. The fit is perfect. I've had them on for 11 hours now and they are pretty comfortable. I imagine that another two wearings will have them fully broken in.

3. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Well-Known Member

My fiancee just ordered me a pair of sued cherry brown chukkas from CT as a partial engagement gift.
    I take it, the two of you are partially engaged.

4. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

I take it, the two of you are partially engaged.
    Cute. [​IMG] No, she's buying me two engagement items (she feels bad that I spent so much on her ring). There is a pocket watch waiting for me out there too. And since they just had Lynn Truss on the Today Show, I will note: had it been only half of an engagement, that would be a partial-engagement. In this case, by leaving out the hyphen the three words must be taken together and you get only part of a gift that is for our engagement. [​IMG] I'm very proud of myself. bob