Charles Tyrwhitt Shoe Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Jun 28, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I see no alternative but for the two of you to resolve this through trial by combat.

SHOE FIGHT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Do you guys know how the shirts fit? I'm curious about the 180's and sea island. I am in between 15.5 and 16, so generally I don't know if it is better to size up or size down.

Any suggestions?

3. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

I'm tempted to pick up these and ship them to a SF member who has good experience antiquing (or try it myself):

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/ProImages/MPSCND_2.jpg

Problem is: I already ordered two pair and refuse to order two more ... anyone want to split an order?

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

5. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

order shipped
    Does anyone have experience suggesting how long "UK Royal Mail, to be delivered by your regular mail service" takes to get from the U.K. to the U.S. (Midwest)? E-mail said 10-14 working days.

6. new obsession

new obsession Senior member

Do you guys know how the shirts fit? I'm curious about the 180's and sea island. I am in between 15.5 and 16, so generally I don't know if it is better to size up or size down.

Any suggestions?

With CT I would size up. I have had significant shrinkage problems, but that is just me.

7. Buster

Buster Senior member

With CT I would size up. I have had significant shrinkage problems, but that is just me.

The sea island I have, had a significant shrinkage (mainly) in the sleeves.

8. Lino

Lino Senior member

For example, the calf skin semi-brogue on CT site:
    [​IMG]
    shows that the heel is leather with rubber insert.

Loake Tweed 2 (calf comfort), however, seems to have rubber heels.
    [​IMG]

While Loake Durhams (1880) also have leather heels with rubber insert.
    [​IMG]

The heel may differ on the CT version of the shoe, but also in the photo of the Tweed 2, the angle is was shot from shows the profile of the heel where the rubber insert would be"”so, the heel in that photo may be full or an insert, no way to tell without a bottom view, which Loake does not provide.

If there is still some question, someone can always email CT or Loake.

9. ATM

ATM Senior member

Does anyone have experience suggesting how long "UK Royal Mail, to be delivered by your regular mail service" takes to get from the U.K. to the U.S. (Midwest)? E-mail said 10-14 working days.
    I received my last shoe order within 10 working days.

10. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I received my last shoe order within 10 working days.

Me too. Only once did I not get a CT order within 10 days and that's because the order got held up in customs for some reson.

11. yawn

yawn Well-Known Member

is the $100 of of $250 deal still going on? it doesn't register at checkout for me.

12. hanker565

hanker565 Senior member

I think it's done...placed two orders last night

260 shipped for chestnut derby shoes, black brouged, sea island shirt and a couple ties

13. Sartorially Challenged

Sartorially Challenged Senior member

The heel may differ on the CT version of the shoe, but also in the photo of the Tweed 2, the angle is was shot from shows the profile of the heel where the rubber insert would be"”so, the heel in that photo may be full or an insert, no way to tell without a bottom view, which Loake does not provide.

If there is still some question, someone can always email CT or Loake.

I think even on the fuller side, the rubber insert does not extend fully whereas the complete rubber heels obviously cover the whole heel.

14. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Just got the Black Calf Leather Semi-Brogues and a pair of driving mocs for $130 shipped. What a deal!!!!!!!!!

Regarding the shipping: the first order I ever placed with CT took over 3 weeks to get to me and the tracking number never showed up online in all that time. The customer service dept. was actually kind enough to send me a replacement pair after 10 days, but alas, I received the other pair, sent them back, and everything was right as rain.

15. TomW

TomW Senior member

It's been a total crap shoot for me. The shortest delivery time was 3 weeks, the longest 8 weeks. Oddly enough, the order that got tagged for import duties was also the one I got the fastest... Of course, I'm out in the wild west and everything seems to take an inordinate amount of time to arrive.