Charles Tyrwhitt Shoe Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Jun 28, 2006.

1. cchen

cchen Senior member

2. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

OK - so I just ordered this shoe - in black AND in brown. Total price - shipped = $170, or $85 each.

What are these shoes comparable to in terms of overal quality/value? Are they as good as AE?
    [​IMG]

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Weird... my basket is at exactly $250 and I'm not getting the discount
    weird, mine was $215 and it came up as $115 on checkout.

4. cchen

cchen Senior member

weird, mine was $215 and it came up as $115 on checkout.

Even adding stuff past $250 isn't getting me the discount. Anyone else having an issue?

5. new obsession

new obsession Senior member

Weird... my basket is at exactly $250 and I'm not getting the discount

Try going out, and coming back to it using the link posted in the original post. It worked for me both times.

6. LegB4Wicket

LegB4Wicket Well-Known Member

Thanks for this!

Just picked-up a pair of Chelsea boots and a pair of brown calf semi-brogues for a combined $170.

Was charged $12.00 shipping to Canada though (not a big deal).

Regards,

LBW

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I should probably mention that I am not completely bereft of CT stuff; some person in the UK was eBaying (is that a real verb?) a pair of CT/Loake brogued black calf leather ankle boots. I had ordered a pair from CT almost a year ago but sent them back due to some sudden bills. Now I am getting them again [​IMG] Obviously I liked them more than I thought.

Reminder: the "Black" range chukka boots do not have leather as nice as the "Calf" range. Distinctly corrected grain but should work well as bad weather, consrvative boots (which is why I am keeping them).

8. khaller

khaller Well-Known Member

No problem here...I scored a pair of black semi-brogues and chestnut derbies for $170US. I sized down 9US => 8UK. I'll let you know how they fit when they arrive.

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I am surprised we have not made the CT server slow down or keel over yet. I have mentioned before that we are getting something analogous to the /. or fatwallet effect but it seems we have not hit the server hard enough yet. Keep ordering people! [​IMG]

10. khaller

khaller Well-Known Member

Skalogre, I'm in Tucson for the summer before heading to NYC for school. Do you know of any thrift shops where I could find a decent selection of sunglasses for cheap? I'd rather not buy them new since I'll likely not use them much in NYC. I spent yesterday on 4th Ave but found nothing interesting.

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Skalogre, I'm in Tucson for the summer before heading to NYC for school. Do you know of any thrift shops where I could find a decent selection of sunglasses for cheap? I'd rather not buy them new since I'll likely not use them much in NYC. I spent yesterday on 4th Ave but found nothing interesting.
    Hmm... you could check Buffalo Exchange; there is one on Speedway and Campbell (northeast corner). 4th would have been your best bet, unfortunately most thrift shops here are, well, crappy. You could also try Saks Off Fifth (naturally more expensive). There is a new Goodwill on 1st avenu, north of Glenn. Let me see if I can think of anything else. SOme more ideas: http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&hs=...local&ct=title

12. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Senior member

Unfreakingbelievable. I just bit on the brown calf semibrogue and the tan chukka boot - the wholecut is sold out - $170 for two pairs of calfskin shoes. I want to Tarzan yell.

Does anyone know how long it will take to receive them (i.e. average shipping time)?

13. AlexP415

AlexP415 Well-Known Member

Best forum ever. Best sale ever. I just took down a pair of the brown semi-brogues and a pair of the chestnut derbies. I wasn't going to buy anything after buying a suit and a sportcoat on STP yesterday.... oh well. [​IMG]

14. mbc

mbc Senior member

Unfreakingbelievable. I just bit on the brown calf semibrogue and the tan chukka boot - the wholecut is sold out - $170 for two pairs of calfskin shoes. I want to Tarzan yell.

Does anyone know how long it will take to receive them (i.e. average shipping time)?

When I ordered in May, I placed the order on the 5th and received it on the 23rd, so about double their quoted time of 7-10 days.

15. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

bought 2 180's at $90 and an $85 sea island shirt - total was $165 as i got the $100 off (no tax, which was surprising, i thought). shipping was free.

passed on shoes - i've already got the weymouth (and have been wearing it), so the quasi-wholecut was out (and sold out in my size as well). and i've bought way too many shoes as it is, thanks to GVH and shoetime.....

the 2 or 3 eyelet blucher in calf does look good, though.