• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt shirts

Pei Hide

Reaction score
Borders Rewards Perks program is offering Charles Tyrwhitt shirts for $40 each (regular $120). I am thinking of getting several of their slim fitted shirts. How do the Charles Tyrwhitt slim-fit shirts fit? As a reference, my Brooks Brothers extra slim shirts fit me really well.

s0rce

Reaction score
check the big long thread on slim fit shirts

my opinion is that the slim fit are less fit than the brooks brothers extra slim (which fit me well), however, they have a tailored fit which fits me well but unfortunately comes in a limited selection of fabrics.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are at least 50 threads which contain information regarding CT shirts, including my aforementioned 'The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts'. However, I would direct you to look at TM Lewin, which offers IMHO better-made shirts at lower prices with far more of a cloth / pattern selection.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
There are at least 50 threads which contain information regarding CT shirts, including my aforementioned 'The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts'. However, I would direct you to look at TM Lewin, which offers IMHO better-made shirts at lower prices with far more of a cloth / pattern selection.

his discount only works at CT..........

Saenek

Reaction score
And you can get Lewin shirts for less than $40 a piece at the current sale if that coupon works, I got 5 for less than $30 a shirt including shipping.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You can get 5 TM Lewin shirts for roughly $25 each right now, thanks to their sale, the promo code NJTES (this worked as of yesterday for me; not sure if it still does), and favorable currency exchange rates.

A TML shirt for $25 is a better shirt at nearly half the price of a $40 Tyrwhitt.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
You can get 5 TM Lewin shirts for roughly $25 each right now, thanks to their sale, the promo code NJTES (this worked as of yesterday for me; not sure if it still does), and favorable currency exchange rates.

A TML shirt for $25 is a better shirt at nearly half the price of a $40 Tyrwhitt.

I hope it works, I will order some more tonight at that price!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I hope it works, I will order some more tonight at that price!
It's a fairly old promo code (I took it from a two-month-old thread the other day), but it was working as of yesterday morning for me. I tried it merely for ***** and giggles, to see if it still worked. To my surprise, it did, and I completed the order. The trick is making sure you've got 5 shirts loaded into your cart before inputting the code at the order form.

IBJanky

Reaction score

Thanks for the info!

I'll definitely take advantage of it
smile.gif

myke

Kazou

Reaction score
Yep code still works! Just ordered shirts from them. Nice prices!

Pei Hide

Reaction score
Thanks all for the tips. Which TML shirts did you order? I really only like the Buckingham button cuff.

Kazou

Reaction score
I ordered their Prince of Wales collar, double cuffed but regular fit only because they don't have any of my neck size (17 1/2 taking into account some shrinkage). I prefer no darts anyways and the seamstress I use can trim it in from the sides including reducing the sleeve diameter.

Word of caution for some who purchase from other countries other than UK, US, EU leave the price in Pound Sterling. I made an error once by switching to US dollars and my bank in Japan charged me the US amount as Pound sterling. Just an FYI. Better safe than sorry.

WRAdvisor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pei Hide
Borders Rewards Perks program is offering Charles Tyrwhitt shirts for $40 each (regular $120). I am thinking of getting several of their slim fitted shirts. How do the Charles Tyrwhitt slim-fit shirts fit? As a reference, my Brooks Brothers extra slim shirts fit me really well.

I'm absolutely in love with the Charless Tyrwhtt Slim Fit shirts. I've owned every designer/shirtmaker out there and there is nothing like a CT in my opinion. The CT Slim Fit (not non-iron, just plain Slim Fit) fits someone in between Brooks Brothers Slim Fit and Extra Slim Fit. The neck and top to bottom length run a little small (I'm usually 15.5, 16 in CT) and the sleeves run true to size. Hope this helps.

IBJanky

Reaction score

I just ordered 5 slim fit shirts for 84.50 GBP delivered.

Thanks again for the info
smile.gif

myke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads