1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charles Tyrwhitt shirt?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shuman, Dec 5, 2004.

1. shuman

shuman Well-Known Member

I recently purchased this "Charles Tyrwhitt" shirt on Ebay. When I recieved the shirt, nowhere did it mention CT, but has the inside label on Next Luxury, Superfine Cotton, Made in Macau. [​IMG] I got ripped, didnt I? It seems like I nice shirt, so thats all that matters, i guess... [​IMG]

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Distinguished Member

Is this one of those trick questions? [​IMG] JJF

3. shuman

shuman Well-Known Member

What is Next Luxury? Some POS from the UK?

4. FIHTies

Dunno, but like you said...Its a nice shirt so who cares. Use it well and enjoy it. If you paid an excessive amount then you got ripped.

I would query the seller and then if you dont get a satisfactory response then report it to Ebay, post bad feedback and post here what the story is so that others on this site can avoid the seller.

JJF

5. shuman

shuman Well-Known Member

I will do so. If anyone has heard of this shirt, let me know. THanks.

6. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Next is a large mid-market fashion multiple here in the UK. http://www.next.co.uk/home1.asp Maybe they have a range called "Next luxury". Does the typeface of the word Next on the label correspond with the firm's logo?

7. shuman

shuman Well-Known Member

No, its different. I emailed the seller, and he insists that its another high end shirt. It looks great, and I kinda agree. I didnt pay a terrible amount for it, and he agreed to refund the money if I wasnt satisfied. I dunno. Just that iv'e never heard of it before...Of course, many brands talked about here i've never heard of before.

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

did he say why he advertised it as CT?

9. FIHTies

Obviously the call is yours, but this sounds like to me that its a bait and switch, advertising a CT shirt and then selling something else and regardless of if its a great shirt it was unethical.

You probably wouldnt have bid on that shirt knowing it was a "next Luxury" and not a CT.

Can you link the auction or see if the guy advertised "charles Tyrwhitt" Quality, like when people advertise Rolex Type watches.

While being sleazy that would still be within the letter of the law, even though not in the spirit.

JJF