• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt - Shipping?

Englandmj7

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of chelsea boots from them a few weeks ago and was wondering, for those of you in the U.S., how long do they usually take? I am leaving on business for a couple weeks on Monday and would really rather they not sit on my doorstep while I am gone. Do they ship from England or their locations here in the U.S? Thanks!

pengesq

Reaction score
It varies. I just placed an order last Friday and got the delivery yesterday. Whereas I placed a seperate order last month and still haven't received it. The box says the package comes from England. I have had delays in receiving international shipments because I've been told that the Department of Homeland Security holds onto certain packages in customs longer. The delays seem completely random to me, but if your package comes in a shoebox, I suspect it may be held onto by Homeland Security extra longer so they can make sure there is no bomb in it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They ship it from England, and mine took almost four weeks IIRC.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Darn, oh well. Thanks for the help lads!

mbc

Reaction score
I ordered boots from them on the 5th of this month. Nothing so far.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past when I've ordered shirts, they've come in about ten days. I ordered boots on the 8th and haven't gotten anything.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
A thread on SF about Tyrwhitt and no hostile reception so far? I think it's getting cold in hell.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
A thread on SF about Tyrwhitt and no hostile reception so far? I think it's getting cold in hell.

Forgive me. I've fallen down on the job. I forgot to say that the order I placed will certainly be my last, given the rather shoddy quality of the goods I received.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my Tyrwhitt Twyning shoes today in the mail that I ordered on May 18 - just 4 days later, yet the Chelsea boots that I ordered on May 8 still haven't come in. WTF? I wonder if I should shoot them an e-mail and see if they know what's going on, or if I should just keep waiting.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I just got my Tyrwhitt Twyning shoes today in the mail that I ordered on May 18 - just 4 days later, yet the Chelsea boots that I ordered on May 8 still haven't come in. WTF? I wonder if I should shoot them an e-mail and see if they know what's going on, or if I should just keep waiting.

No harm in e-mailing them. My orders have arrived in about a week; that said, some of the parcels have contained goods I did not, in fact, order.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same problem here with my Norwich's. Placed the order May 1, they said it shipped May 8th, but i have yet to receive them. Just got off the phone and they are shipping a new pair. I have not had this problem in the past.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads