Charles Tyrwhitt Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Artem, May 12, 2013.

1. Artem

Artem Well-Known Member

I just got 5 dress shirts, 2 sport shirts, and a polo for $250. Didn't even know about this brand. Saw the sale posted on a finance forum yesterday.

Looks like awesome quality and selection, especially for the money. And at $30 a shirt, even if the extra slims that I bought don't fit perfectly, I can get them tailored and they will still be a good deal.

It's going until June 9.

2. biged781

biged781 Senior member

CT is in a state of perpetual "sale". I actually like CT for some filler shirts and the quality is pretty good for the price, but they're nothing spectacular.

3. minervau

minervau Senior member

Nice. I like the fit of their extra slims better than BB so am in the process of switching over to Tyrwhitt. I think the shirt quality is a notch below BB, but the fit is great, and picking up shirts for $50 a pop is pretty nice compared to BB's steadily rising prices (best sale you'll ever get now is like $60 a shirt).

4. bearback

bearback Member

the thing is, their shirt patterns aren't that great. I'd take advantage of these sales but I can't find 5 shirts that I like.

Also, I don't wear ties often so I like button down collared shirts and I like to roll up my sleeves so prefer button sleeves, which they have but are less common.

5. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

If you love complex or exotic patterns maybe, but for solids, herringbone, Bengal stripes, etc., they work just fine. I understand the button down point, though I personally hate button down collars.

6. bearback

bearback Member

i wouldn't say i'm looking for complex patterns, i'm just a big fan of checks, tattersalls, ginghams, and grid shirts. I guess these would fall under more sport shirt vs dress shirt.

i also really like oxford shirts

if i could get bonobos' patterns at tyrwhitt prices i'd be set

http://www.bonobos.com/b/shirts-for-men

Last edited: May 13, 2013