Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charles Tyrwhitt sale.....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Thanks SF (a new me), Jan 21, 2011.

1. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

2. Ivystyle

Ivystyle Senior member

Yes.. I saw their ridiculous sales last week... They make great shirts... go for it before the sales ends.

3. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Some nice shirts and ties at great knock down prices right now. Check out their grenadines.

4. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

Really enjoying my CT non-iron slim fit shirts, much more than the Brooks Bro shirts i have. Got a couple of the $40 shirts on clearance, then they were nice enough to give me free shipping and 10% discount just for asking. Ordered 4 for $199 from the new spring collection today [​IMG] I think these are by far the best shirts for the price point.

5. gomakeitreal

gomakeitreal New Member

i hate that they only give you sleeve length 33 or above. (or else you need to pay extra) =/

6. RangerP

RangerP Senior member

I've never bought anything from Charles Tyrwitt but it seems to me like they always have this sale on...or something very similar.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

7. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Senior member

I purchased a half dozen of their shirts and returned all of them. I thought the fabric was poor, the body of the shirts was short and they needed one more button down the front. If you have a tall torso, these shirts aren't for you. There are much better options.

8. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I can never pull the trigger on anything from CT because their prices on the US site are higher than those on the UK site, and the UK prices include VAT. If you order from the UK site and try to ship to the US, there's no option to remove the VAT either. It just bothers me and I don't really know why. Feels like they're trying to screw US customers.

9. Swededude

Swededude Senior member

Yes, both CT and TM Lewin has sales going on almost all the time. Strange that it is allowed in the UK, it wouldn't be here in Sweden at least.

10. LTM

LTM Well-Known Member

I am in Australia and use the UK site and VAT has always been deducted.

11. MadTxn

MadTxn Member

I only order from the UK site. You'll see the VAT removed before the final step in the checkout process.

12. RogerC

RogerC Senior member

Yes, both CT and TM Lewin has sales going on almost all the time. Strange that it is allowed in the UK, it wouldn't be here in Sweden at least.

I don't know how it works exactly, but you see in the beginning of the season that they sell at full price for a week or two, which is the supposed minimum, and then drop. No UK lawyers here?

13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Shirts run HUGE!

14. ktrp

ktrp Senior member

It's a reputable store. Its also the sort of store where everything goes on sale all the time, so don't get excited about it being X% off, judge the sale price and whether it seems good for what you're getting.

15. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

It's a reputable store. Its also the sort of store where everything goes on sale all the time, so don't get excited about it being X% off, judge the sale price and whether it seems good for what you're getting.

+1

However, if you can score CT shirts at $35-40 a pop, that's a pretty decent deal. Certainly much better than what you'll find at any department store/Mens Wearhouse/etc. TM Lewin is about the same price point, and from my experience the quality's about the same.

The difference IMO is styling - CT shirts have more conservative patterns, whereas Lewin has bolder stripes and colour mixes.

All this aside, if you can get Harvie and Hudson on sale (33 GBP is the best I've ever seen, but maybe another SFer can correct me), I would go with that.