Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LooksGood, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Viral

Viral Senior member

QC for President!!!

2. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

:cheers:

3. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Member

Can someone please measure the collar from button to mid-hole? Most shirts I own a 15 actually measures out 15.25 - 15.5, is it the same for CT?

Also dose anyone know if you can do the 4/199 deal and return 2 of the shirts while keeping the deal price? I'm considering purchasing a couple of different sizes to figure out which works best for me.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  4. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Member

This is actually blowing my mind because as per shirtdetective.com for the same size shirt the CT is showing narrower in chest and waist. [​IMG]

5. PeachBrah

PeachBrah Member

any cons for non iron dress shirts?

6. Hellkamp

Hellkamp Member

In relation to some other non iron shirts I feel they breathe pretty well and feel nice for this price point.

Overall, this current deal at 40 a pop and free shipping I'd say they are worth it. However, if you're willing to wait and it matters that much to you, I've seen slightly better sales than this.

7. SBear

SBear Senior member

They are much nicer in feel (hand) than BR non-iron and more breathable. They require a bit more touching up after washing though.

8. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

They are great as far as non iron shirts are concerned. I think considering you can buy them from between $29 and $50 (I bought one for $14.95 one time with promo codes) its impossible to find a must-iron shirt with high enough cotton quality to surpass these non iron shirts. The fabric is pretty light, even with the twill weaves but is still pretty opaque and breathable. I do starch the collars and iron the shirts to give them a bit of structure. I mainly buy them because they are very easy to iron and don't wrinkle much throughout the day, not because I'm trying to avoid ironing altogether.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  9. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Member

Is there a significant thickness difference between the twill and the regular non-irons?

10. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

Well, they offer a variety of weaves between their non-iron and must-iron ranges - most of them being either poplin or twill varieties. The thicknesses don't appear to be different from one range to the next.

11. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Member

Yes I was referring specifically to the non-iron, I see that they have some shirts that don't have any sort of special weave specified, others are twill, herringbone, and I think I'm forgetting another one. Twill and herringbone state that they are thicker/warmer, so I'm just curious how that translates into being able to wear them in the summer.

12. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

If they don't state the weave then most likely its poplin. I live in a place where its 100+ for 40 days of the year and i can get away with wearing the twill without getting too hot.

13. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Senior member

You have a lot of specific questions - why not simply email/call CT customer service and ask them about the shirts? Give them the item number and they'll find out the fabric, or specific measurement, for example. They are quite good at answering such requests.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member