• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use them as travel ties. They look good enough, but are cheap to replace if they get lost/damaged. The handmade ones are not bad at all either.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a couple of their Black Label shirts alongside a couple of their regular line shirts. The cotton on the Black Label shirts is definitely nicer than their traditional shirts. Looking at their website, however, I no longer see Black Label. I wonder if they were phased out for this new similar looking line called "Modern Luxury." Definitely worth a look when they go on clearance for 75% off either way.

bjornb17

Reaction score

Just received a couple of their Black Label shirts alongside a couple of their regular line shirts. The cotton on the Black Label shirts is definitely nicer than their traditional shirts. Looking at their website, however, I no longer see Black Label. I wonder if they were phased out for this new similar looking line called "Modern Luxury." Definitely worth a look when they go on clearance for 75% off either way.

According to their catalog which I recently received, their Black Label is now modern luxury. It looks like they expanded it to Slim Fit as well whereas it used to be only Extra Slim.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to their catalog which I recently received, their Black Label is now modern luxury. It looks like they expanded it to Slim Fit as well whereas it used to be only Extra Slim.

Good to know, thanks. I hope to see the same discounts available every so often on clearance, though perhaps this was a "we're phasing out this line for another" thing.

DrunkenBuddha

Reaction score
Received a couple C.T shirts a few days ago.
This is a 14.5/32 esf.

Can I get some feedback on the fit? Thanks

Also got one shirt in 14.5/33 not sure if I should keep or return lol

StylingUK

Reaction score

Received a couple C.T shirts a few days ago. 
This is a 14.5/32 esf.

Can I get some feedback on the fit? Thanks

Your frame looks slim and in my opinion, this shirt doesn't fit you well. You trousers are slim enough which makes your upper half look out of balance with that shirt on. I am assuming you already got the extra slim cut from CT?

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your frame looks slim and in my opinion, this shirt doesn't fit you well. You trousers are slim enough which makes your upper half look out of balance with that shirt on. I am assuming you already got the extra slim cut from CT?

you're not gonna do much better RTW at that size.

StylingUK

Reaction score
I just got a couple of shirts from Banana Republic. I got a Small but there is also Extra Small. Get their Tailored slim fit and its pretty darn slim. I had to loose a couple of pounds to fit into it without my belly sticking out. Perhaps try their extra small size. It might suit you.

DrunkenBuddha

Reaction score
Thanks,

yeah that the extra slim fit cut, can't go any smaller. Guess I'm going to return the 14.5/33 one
Any tips on tailoring?

Btw this is the brooks brothers extra slim fit that I tried in store

StylingUK

Reaction score
much, much better on the brooks brothers.

There is too much to tailor on the CT, its not worth it.

Last edited:

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DrunkenBuddah, from the front the CT shirt looks better than the BB.

The BB looks skin tight in the waist as far as I can tell from the photo. If this is the case (you know best how it felt) than the fit is not good, because once you sit down it will stretch and pull on the buttons. Unless you wanna look like a human sausage...

The issue with the CT shirt is that it is too blousy in the back...maybe a tailor can fix this by putting in darts. This will not make it perfect, but at that price point you probably cannot get a perfect fit...then you need to go for mtm or bespoke.

Last edited:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DrunkenBuddah, from the front the CT shirt looks better than the BB.

The BB looks skin tight in the waist as far as I can tell from the photo. If this is the case (you know best how it felt) than the fit is not good, because once you sit down it will stretch and pull on the buttons. Unless you wanna look like a human sausage...

The issue with the CT shirt is that it is too blousy in the back...maybe a tailor can fix this by putting in darts. This will not make it perfect, but at that price point you probably cannot get a perfect fit...then you need to go for mtm or bespoke.

I believe the extra slim fits from CT already have darts.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you order from CT shirts and when you receive the item the price has dropped they will give you a store credit of the difference

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads