• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Then what's the benefit of black label shirts? Better fabrics?

yeah, the fabrics are generally a bit finer, the assembly maybe a bit better, and some of the touches, like the buttons, are higher quality.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the quality of the shoes at CT?

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is the quality of the shoes at CT?

made by loake. The ones for around $300 are similar to loake 1880s and made in northhampton.

the cheaper ones are made in india and are disposable.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
made by loake. The ones for around $300 are similar to loake 1880s and made in northhampton.

Then OK shoes. Great prices aswell.

johnbond8459

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on their Business Casual shirts?

Additionally, how are there collars? Do they stand up better, the same, or worse than BB collars? Do they stand up well without a tie under a blazer?

Thanks

johnbond8459

Reaction score
I just found out that their business casual shirts do not have collar stays, a bit of a let down.

Can anyone comment on the collars of CT shirts? Do they stand up more, less, or the same as BB shirts?

Thanks again

Subutai

Reaction score
I just found out that their business casual shirts do not have collar stays, a bit of a let down.

Can anyone comment on the collars of CT shirts? Do they stand up more, less, or the same as BB shirts?

Thanks again

I'm a fan of their shirts. I find the collars stiff but comfortable and each comes with brass collar stays.
I know others disagree but I like their non-irons and find they look almost as good at the end of the day as they did in the beginning.

UPDATE - Sorry, just realized you asked about their business casual shirts. I have no experience with those . . .

Last edited:

Subutai

Reaction score

I was interested in this as well. I noticed they have a pair of burgundy double monks on sale for $250. I called but the customer service didn't know who made them. Do you happen to know if these are loakes?

DWRR

Reaction score
A medium is usually sized on a 15.5 - 16 collar. It should be fine.

DWRR

Reaction score

Thanks again

The BC shirts come with brass collar stays.

LEgoiste

Reaction score
I just received my non-iron ESF shirt from CT, and the fabric is really nice and soft and doesn't feel plasticy, like non-iron shirts from BR. Though, CT's ESF is a little tight on the collar and shoulders. So, I would order +1/2 my usual size next time.

johnbond8459

Reaction score
I received my shipping notification today from CT. At the bottom in bold it read "* Our standard SIX month guarantee does not apply to sale items. All purchases under our SALE promotions are covered by a 14-day unconditional guarantee." Can anyone comment on this? Aren't they always on "Sale"? I purchased my shirts through a link for $30 per shirt. I ordered a variety of sizes in cuffs and collars to get my size dialed in since the reviews have been mixed on the shrinking and shoulder sizing issues. I was pleased that I could return the shirt within 6 months for whatever reason, but this 14 day non-sense on sale items is a bit concerning.

Am I worrying about nothing (i.e. 14 days applies to clearance type items, not discounted items) or is this a change in their policy?

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. They only refer items indicated as being "sale" items online, they'll have a big red stamp on them.

DWRR

Reaction score
Always discounted yes. Always on sale no.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads