• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt opinions

Minarchist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
They're down to $35 each... That's below the usual $59!
No tailored fit shirts in this sale.
frown.gif

32 slim shirts, for those who can wear them, though.

miketcooper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
They're down to $35 each... That's below the usual $59!
I'm in Australia so having to buy from the UK site. They lowered some of the prices to 19.95 GBP but the majority are the usual 29.95 (that's the thing you give one a ridiculously low price once and they expect it every time even if your usual prices are quite good anyway). ...although sorry realised I can actually order from the US site. Still though some prices are lower, some higher...

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a Tailored Fit in 16.5 X 33. While I can't speak to the long-term quality yet, the shirt fits me really nice. So nice, in fact, that I will probably start to buy all of my shirts through CT. I see people getting MTM and it seems like it takes so much time to get things just right. This shirt is 90% perfect fit-wise and I'm very comfortable with that percentage at these prices.

BklynLaw

Reaction score
I'm just going to throw in my first impressions of CT. I was interested in trying some out based on previous reviews on the board, so I took advantage of the recent $40 per shirt deal and bought 3 tailored fit. Here are my impressions: Positives Great return policy with free return shipping, no questions asked. Tailored fit are not super-slim, but would fit well on athletic/slim body type. Seem well constructed and designs/fabric are very suitable for professional work environment. Negatives Really don't hold a pressing/wrinkle easily My first order, all of the sleeves fit shorter than the length I ordered Upon return, 2 out of 3 styles were out of stock. My CC was neither credited nor was I contacted until I reached out to ask about the returned shirts. The 1 in stock shirt arrived with a sizable blemish on the cuff. Now it's off for return #2 I feel like my experience has been somewhat more negative than most, but I still feel like the shirts are a good deal at a price point below $50 for the fit, style and quality.

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BklynLaw
I'm just going to throw in my first impressions of CT. I was interested in trying some out based on previous reviews on the board, so I took advantage of the recent $40 per shirt deal and bought 3 tailored fit.

Here are my impressions:

Positives
Great return policy with free return shipping, no questions asked.
Tailored fit are not super-slim, but would fit well on athletic/slim body type.
Seem well constructed and designs/fabric are very suitable for professional work environment.

Negatives
Really don't hold a pressing/wrinkle easily
My first order, all of the sleeves fit shorter than the length I ordered
Upon return, 2 out of 3 styles were out of stock. My CC was neither credited nor was I contacted until I reached out to ask about the returned shirts.
The 1 in stock shirt arrived with a sizable blemish on the cuff. Now it's off for return #2

I feel like my experience has been somewhat more negative than most, but I still feel like the shirts are a good deal at a price point below $50 for the fit, style and quality.

I too had a couple issues like this on my first two orders. I e-mailed them about the problem and they gave me a $20 credit and free shipping on my next purchase.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I like the fit of Brooks Brothers extra slim fit, should I go with a Tailored or Slim fit?

ahe

Reaction score
Tailored fit, I feel like the ESF is slightly more tapered, but CT is nice for the 35 bucks i paid

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That means that CT Tailored actually fits a little bit wider than ESFs?

Wouldn't mind that. BBs have some really boring patterns / colors for ESF, thinking of converting to CT for workhorse shirts.

Anyways, do CT narrow ties come in 2.75 to 3 widths?

autospy

Reaction score
I will have to look into this as well. I am a huge fan of the BB ESF, but their non-iron styles are really too simple.

BklynLaw

Reaction score
Thanks to the advice of bjornb17 in the above post, I emailed CT about my various issues. I got a quick reply but little satisfaction. I received a whopping ten dollar credit on my next order and the alterations charges on the two out of stock shirts were refunded in addition to the shirt cost.

CT is still probably a reasonable value for their tailored cut and the fabric/quality. However, it's unlikely I would ever order again because my original order was made in April and I'm still sitting with zero shirts out of 3 in my closet for wearing at the end of June.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics