• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt - No Care For Customers

lostron

Reaction score
did the op really think he was going to get all that for 25 each shipped from the UK?. I find the fact that he posted this here to complain about abusing a credible brand's promotion a statement to his shrewd personality and lack of common sense.. :facepalm:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
I've placed several orders, and I've been very happy with the service. Returns are easy, no questions asked. I had a tie which started to pill, after the return window expired. They sent a replacement before I returned the defective item. Again no questions asked. I would order again without hesitation.

That being said, this sounds like a teaser promotion to get you to try their product. So I'm not surprised there are some limits on quantities. Charles Trywhitt is great choice for OTR rack shirts, ties, and accessories. I hope you can look past this incident.

This. One of the first things I will be doing next week when I'm in the UK with be to place an order with them.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From a customer service standpoint this should have been honored. Obviously I knew that the system did not want me to place multiple orders that is why I placed separate orders. That still does not negate the fact that they system DID allow me to purchase all of those shirts at that price. You see companies messing up all the time and taking responsibility for it. AA misplaced a dec place on flights to Hawaii and honored a full flight at 138.3 instead of 1383. I am sure people bought more than one.

This is not a situation where the company accidentally listed the wrong price and should honor it. This is a situation where you intentionally tried to cheat the company and got caught. You placed separate orders and - used different credit cards - to further hide your attempt to cheat. You got caught and should stop whining about it. You look worse and worse the more you complain about this.

texasmade10

Reaction score
I did not hide anything. I used 1 different card for 1 separate order for a gift. 7 shirts with the same address and card. This is most def a situation where the company listed an incorrect price. If you cant get a certain deal combined or used more than once it is not hard to make your website promotion do that. After they noticed the mistake it was corrected hence the mistake. Simple logic. If it was not a mistake it should still be working.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
This is not a situation where the company accidentally listed the wrong price and should honor it. This is a situation where you intentionally tried to cheat the company and got caught. You placed separate orders and - used different credit cards - to further hide your attempt to cheat. You got caught and should stop whining about it. You look worse and worse the more you complain about this.

+10. Couldn't be said any clearer.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I did not hide anything. I used 1 different card for 1 separate order for a gift. 7 shirts with the same address and card. This is most def a situation where the company listed an incorrect price. If you cant get a certain deal combined or used more than once it is not hard to make your website promotion do that. After they noticed the mistake it was corrected hence the mistake. Simple logic. If it was not a mistake it should still be working.

Sorry, no sympathy from me either. CT have always provided excellent customer service for me with no question returns etc. You tried to game the system, you got caught and now you have the gall to complain about it on a public forum. No sympathy whatsoever.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you or did you not purchase each shirt and tie as a separate order?

Why did you do it that way?

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stop trying to convince yourself you weren't being shady. CT did nothing wrong. You wanted to game the system and they caught you.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
x2
Try TM Lewin next time
wink.gif

They have weird standard sleeve lengths. I need a 35, they only offer 34 or 36 standard.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Have you tried the 36? I heard they shrink to a 35. Mine did at least.

Wonder what that means for the rest of the fit. I am happy with Tyrwhitt and see no reason to change. However, I am going to try Stephan Haroutunian Shirts, they have 4 shirts for 105 pounds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads