1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Charles Tyrwhitt - No Care For Customers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by texasmade10, Mar 22, 2012.

1. texasmade10

texasmade10 Well-Known Member

removed

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Well-Known Member

Ah, but the system did catch it, or you would have 8 shirts right?

I get your frustration but I read it as a one per household thing too. I am surprised they didn't honour that though.

3. texasmade10

removed

4. svd

svd Well-Known Member

Did the email say anything about one per customer? Or something about reading terms and conditions?

5. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Frankly mistakes happen. Let it go...

6. viator

viator Well-Known Member

There was an offer for a set price for one shirt and one tie, so you placed 8 separate orders? And now you're peeved because the company caught on to you?

7. rathebaindc

rathebaindc Well-Known Member

I think you're an entitled douchebag. Would you go into a brick and mortar store and do the same thing if the offer was 1 per customer?

1 person likes this.
  8. plei89

plei89 Well-Known Member

It's okay, you're not missing out on much anyway.

9. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Heh, that is actually what I was thinking but I was trying to be polite.

10. KObalto

KObalto Well-Known Member

Wow. How dare they not honor your chicanery? You should seek legal counsel.

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

so, basically you tried to abuse the system and didn't get away with it. You were expecting to get something you didn't really deserve and now you're mad because it didn't turn out...

you should be mad at yourself for not being a more honest person.

I'll get off the the high horse now.
    (forward me the email please?! j/k)

12. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Vanda Fine Clothing is selling Big Ben for $8,000. I paid and the order went through, but Big Ben hasn't arrived yet. I'm pretty pissed.

13. Mirador

Mirador Well-Known Member

Now I'm pissed too !! just tried to buy Big Ben for $8,000 but the website now has it listed at $10,000 - WTF ?

I'm never ever buying off the internet again

14. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

I've placed several orders, and I've been very happy with the service. Returns are easy, no questions asked. I had a tie which started to pill, after the return window expired. They sent a replacement before I returned the defective item. Again no questions asked. I would order again without hesitation.

That being said, this sounds like a teaser promotion to get you to try their product. So I'm not surprised there are some limits on quantities. Charles Trywhitt is great choice for OTR rack shirts, ties, and accessories. I hope you can look past this incident.

15. halgrind

halgrind Member

There was never any promotion for $25 for a shirt and free tie. There were two separate promotions, one was $15 off a shirt and another for a shirt and free tie for $40. They were never meant to stack. Someone found a way to get both promotions at once using doing a browser trick. This was dishonest. I should know, I tried to get in on it myself. I was actually relieved when the order was canceled.

16. lostron

lostron Well-Known Member

did the op really think he was going to get all that for 25 each shipped from the UK?. I find the fact that he posted this here to complain about abusing a credible brand's promotion a statement to his shrewd personality and lack of common sense.. :facepalm:

17. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Quote:
    This. One of the first things I will be doing next week when I'm in the UK with be to place an order with them.

18. texasmade10

removed

19. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

This is not a situation where the company accidentally listed the wrong price and should honor it. This is a situation where you intentionally tried to cheat the company and got caught. You placed separate orders and - used different credit cards - to further hide your attempt to cheat. You got caught and should stop whining about it. You look worse and worse the more you complain about this.

2 people like this.
  20. texasmade10

I did not hide anything. I used 1 different card for 1 separate order for a gift. 7 shirts with the same address and card. This is most def a situation where the company listed an incorrect price. If you cant get a certain deal combined or used more than once it is not hard to make your website promotion do that. After they noticed the mistake it was corrected hence the mistake. Simple logic. If it was not a mistake it should still be working.