• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charles Tyrwhitt Linen Shirt

vegasrealtor

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Charles Tyrwhitt has once again peaked my interest as I am waiting for back ordered shirts from Spier and Mackay

I am currently looking at the cotton/linen blend they have. Does anyone have this and can comment on if it would be okay to wear with a Suit Supply Wool suit as I just purchased a few more of those for summer. I’ve always had 100% cotton shirts in semi-spread, so a shirt that is cotton/linen and a spread collar is weird to me as i don’t know if I can wear it with a tie and I don’t know if a spread collar will look good without a tie.
Link to one shirt>
https://www.ctshirts.com/us/slim-fit...uffType=Single

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YES!! Just picked one up about 2 weeks ago. Loved it when I wore it this week so went back in and ordered 2 More :) I got extra slim fit. Here it is bunched up while sitting (i.e. least flattering).
received_2001375036601673.jpeg

vegasrealtor

Reaction score
Hey Eli,

Just to confirm, this is the linen with spread collar? If so, it looks perfectly at home with a tie.
I was worried it was going to be very casual and summer like.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. To be fair, the tie is a slubby silk/cotton blend but yes, precisely. I went to the Madison store and they told me they needed to special order the (solid) white and the blue that I wanted because they only stocked more business and formal clothes. I said, "look at this shirt I'm wearing. Does this say 'casual' to you?"

I guess it's a marketing thing.
Hey Eli,

Just to confirm, this is the linen with spread collar? If so, it looks perfectly at home with a tie.
I was worried it was going to be very casual and summer like.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.