Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charles Tyrwhitt is Awesome

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Flyswatter, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

No, I don't work for them, just a satisfied and loyal customer for life.

So here's the deal: I discovered this wonderful Jermyn Street shirt maker here on SF and first tried their shirts about a year ago. I was immediately impressed with the "tailored" aka "extra slim" fit shirts. For me, they were the best fitting OTR dress shirts I'd ever worn, and I found their spread collars to be perfect in every way. Quality and construction is pretty decent as well for the $40-$50 price range their shirts go for when on sale. I acquired around 5 of their dress shirts over the course of 2012, but have since gained weight (the good kind, from hitting the weights)--about 15 pounds. I've gone from wearing neck size 16 dress shirts to 16.5, and CT's extra slim fit shirts are now too tight in the chest and shoulders. I have a shirt ordered in August that I had never removed from the packaging, and decided to put CT's claimed 6 month guarantee to the test. I called their customer service around 8:30pm CST (2:30am London time) and a very helpful woman with a lovely British accent answered immediately. I explained my situation and inquired about possibly exchanging the brand-new-yet-5-month-old shirt for something comparable, but in the "slim fit" (as opposed to extra slim) and size 16.5 neck. The answer was "of course", and within 5 minutes, I had a pre-paid return label in my email inbox. Now that is customer service! :slayer:

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I know there are plenty of other CT fans on these boards, and I understand why. I'm a long way away from being able to afford a closet full of bespoke dress shirts, and until then Charles Tyrwhitt will suffice just fine. Now if only they'd expand their offering of non-iron, slim fit shirts with spread collars...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013