• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt boots with jeans

minya

Reaction score
I really like the look and styling of these Charles Tyrwhitt boots:

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/productMSB...s&level3=Boots

and I'm wondering if people would think they'd work with slim jeans. I'm not really too fond of the color, but I think with some polishing/antiquing, as described by other members here, they'd look really nice.

so.. too dressy for jeans, or no?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
I really like the look and styling of these Charles Tyrwhitt boots:

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/productMSB...s&level3=Boots

and I'm wondering if people would think they'd work with slim jeans. I'm not really too fond of the color, but I think with some polishing/antiquing, as described by other members here, they'd look really nice.

so.. too dressy for jeans, or no?

No.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
I like them a lot. Should be fine. Plus, once you break them in, get some nice patina and scuffs and wear, they'll look perfect with jeans.
yeah, exactly what I'm thinking. Now to wait for the 50% off coupon to make itself known.........

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CT stopped doing 50% off? Wow.

I think these are fine. If you don't like the color, keep in mind that a few tins of various polishes can change that quite easily. I think these'd go great with jeans.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
thanks this really helped
Sorry, you asked if ppl thought they were too dressy to wear with jeans. I didn't think that called for a lengthy narrative.
sarcasm.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like those a lot. I'd like to see some better views of the toe. But even the rounder, more plain toe of the CT chelseas looked pretty good with slim jeans IMO. I'd definitely wear those with jeans.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I like those a lot. I'd like to see some better views of the toe. But even the rounder, more plain toe of the CT chelseas looked pretty good with slim jeans IMO. I'd definitely wear those with jeans.
agreed. the toe was what worried me... but there's an angled picture here:

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/department...s&level3=Boots

and I think the toe looks great. now the question is: do I order at 40% off, or hold out for 50%?...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

and I think the toe looks great. now the question is: do I order at 40% off, or hold out for 50%?...

Have in mind that when the 50% comes around, there are lots of sharks around here that will move from circling to chomping down on everything that looks interesting
tongue.gif

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Of course they will look good with jeans. Afterall, chelsea boots/cowboy boots/virtually any boots can be worn with jeans; in my opinion they actually look alot better with slim jeans.

Ah, nevermind, I found the link.....still a bit pricey imo though. I was very unhappy about the poor quality of the black leather chelsea boots I ordered from them....

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those look really nice. i had been eyeing a pair of jodphurs from EG that someone posted on the main forum specifically for wear with jeans.

the CTs look nice and are affordable too (well relatively affordable).

get them and post some pics!

-Jeff

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
Of course they will look good with jeans. Afterall, chelsea boots/cowboy boots/virtually any boots can be worn with jeans; in my opinion they actually look alot better with slim jeans.

Ah, nevermind, I found the link.....still a bit pricey imo though. I was very unhappy about the poor quality of the black leather chelsea boots I ordered from them....

By most accounts, the black leather is a completely different level of quality from the brown stuff. Can't vouch for it myself, but that is pretty much what I've seen reported here.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7

The non-calf leather (ie non-1880 level
wink.gif
are plasticky corrected grain leather. I have a pair of chukka like that. But it works out ok, I wear them as part of a quasi-vintage military ensemble, their overtshinyness goes well
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads