1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charles tyrwhitt 50% off

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gregory, Mar 31, 2004.

1. gregory

gregory Senior Member

2. acole

acole Senior Member

You're fine by me. Anyone know who makes CT shoes?

3. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior Member

I am a big fan of CT shirts.  I also have several of their neckties, and one or two handkerchiefs.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the shoes.  Several years ago, CT had a "Buy something over 100 pounds, get the second item for 1 pound" offer.  I bought two pair of shoes, and returned them immediately. I think that the leather was (what I have since learned is called) bookbinder. The styling left much to be desired.

I have ordered shoes by Alfred Sargent, Trickers, and Alden.  My guess is that the CT shoes are made by Sargent or Loake, but are significantly down on the quality scale. In my opinion, CT shoes are not really a value, even at 50% off.

Bic

4. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior Member

When I spoke to a salesman in the New York store, he said that the shoes were made by Loake, for what it's worth.

5. Isak Bengtsbo

Isak Bengtsbo Well-Known Member

how are their shirts cut? Full, slim?

6. Pierrepont

Pierrepont Member

They are full, but not as full as Pink shirts.  They also sell a handful of slim fit shirts, which fit really nicely.  Too bad they don't make more of them.  Of course, a good tailor can always take the sides in for you.

7. acole

acole Senior Member

Thanks, bic pentameter, for saving me from ordering these shoes and uttering many dactyls of despair ("Son of a bitch, I have bought the wrong shoes again.").  The CT medium brown oxfords looked good in the photo, and they were tempting me at $140.

Adam C.

8. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior Member

anyone tried their new Super 180s shirts?

9. Internyet

Internyet Active Member

Nope -- but picking up two of them to test 'em out.

10. bryce330

bryce330 Senior Member

Their normal shirts aren't anything special, similar to Thomas Pink (although I find that Tyrwhitt shirts fit better and they are significantly cheaper). However, the Super 120s shirts are very nice and a great bargain at $60.

I haven't seen the 180s shirts in person but I just ordered two as well - at under $100, it's hard to resist.

11. houston

houston Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the non-iron Tyrwhitt shirts? How about the fitted?

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

Bump for Andrew.

I have been happy with the two Sea Island shirts I have received from Charles Tyrwhitt, and will order more once I confirm that the shirts still fit after two washings.  For $60, it's a pretty good deal.