• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charles tyrwhitt 50% off

acole

Reaction score
You're fine by me. Anyone know who makes CT shoes?

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I am a big fan of CT shirts.  I also have several of their neckties, and one or two handkerchiefs.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the shoes.  Several years ago, CT had a "Buy something over 100 pounds, get the second item for 1 pound" offer.  I bought two pair of shoes, and returned them immediately. I think that the leather was (what I have since learned is called) bookbinder. The styling left much to be desired.

I have ordered shoes by Alfred Sargent, Trickers, and Alden.  My guess is that the CT shoes are made by Sargent or Loake, but are significantly down on the quality scale. In my opinion, CT shoes are not really a value, even at 50% off.

Bic

Lint Brush

Reaction score
When I spoke to a salesman in the New York store, he said that the shoes were made by Loake, for what it's worth.

Pierrepont

Reaction score
how are their shirts cut? Full, slim?
They are full, but not as full as Pink shirts.  They also sell a handful of slim fit shirts, which fit really nicely.  Too bad they don't make more of them.  Of course, a good tailor can always take the sides in for you.

acole

Reaction score
My guess is that the CT shoes are made by Sargent or Loake, but are significantly down on the quality scale. In my opinion, CT shoes are not really a value, even at 50% off.
Thanks, bic pentameter, for saving me from ordering these shoes and uttering many dactyls of despair ("Son of a bitch, I have bought the wrong shoes again.").  The CT medium brown oxfords looked good in the photo, and they were tempting me at $140.

Adam C.

bryce330

Reaction score
Their normal shirts aren't anything special, similar to Thomas Pink (although I find that Tyrwhitt shirts fit better and they are significantly cheaper). However, the Super 120s shirts are very nice and a great bargain at $60.

I haven't seen the 180s shirts in person but I just ordered two as well - at under $100, it's hard to resist.

houston

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the non-iron Tyrwhitt shirts? How about the fitted?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bump for Andrew.

I have been happy with the two Sea Island shirts I have received from Charles Tyrwhitt, and will order more once I confirm that the shirts still fit after two washings.  For $60, it's a pretty good deal.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy