1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Tyrwhitt 50% off sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by housemaidsknee, Nov 4, 2004.

1. water

water Senior member

I ordered a pair of black monks on Tuesday and received a shipping confirmation on Wednesday.

Hopefully they do not take too long... and hopefully I do not get killed at customs...

2. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Excellent. I'm eagerl awaiting your replies, gentlemen.

For those of you unaware, this offer is good IN-STORE as well. You just print the coupon page and bring it with you. I will be trying the shoes on tomorrow, most likely.

Dan

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I got my Tyrwhitt chelsea boots today, took about a week to get. They are quite nice, leather soles with rubber heel, they do appear to be corrected grain leather, but for $107.50 I'm not complaining. They are worlds better than the KC, Gordon Rush, etc... junk that you can get at this price point.

4. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Does it offer work for only new customers or can anyone use it?

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

For new customers supposedly.

6. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

I ask that question because I have brought stuff from them before. I clicked on that link, added the items to my cart and then logged in with my account. The prices remained intact even as I went to the confirm page. Can they revoke my order or worse charge me full price?

7. raley

raley Senior member

What kind of things do you think you will wear them with? I am trying to conserve money, but have always sort of wanted some black boots... so I am still hesitant to order [​IMG]

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Jeans and slacks, primarily to go out in my case.

I don't know if they can revoke your order or not.

9. water

water Senior member

Anyone else get their order yet? How long did yours take drizzt?

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

11. water

water Senior member

Was your order shipped from the UK or US?

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

UK I believe, it came via Deutche Speedpost though.

13. j

j Senior member Admin

Okay, hijack time: does anyone else besides me think that shiny black shoes or boots with jeans look really.. girly, or something? No offense to anyone who wears them, but I don't think I have seen it done where I thought it looked right. Maybe with really dark slim jeans. Maybe. But with any kind of "wash", I dunno.

14. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I usually avoid shiny black shoes with jeans. I'll either go with a more matte brown or black, unless I'm wearing sneakers (and even those are black or brown casual leather sneakers, not running shoes).

I generally wear pants, though.

15. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Btw, to get back on topic. Did anybody buy the shirts, and if so, which line or lines and how did those turn out?

16. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think it depends on the shoe, i don't mind it with sleeker looking shoes but I think it can look a bit obnoxious with big clunky shoes.

17. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

With jeans, I would not do black shoes.

18. joseanes

joseanes Senior member

NoVaGuy: I bought one shirt at 50% discount. It was a checkered light-blue/white twill shirt of the "Fitted" Collection.
    I loved the fabric. The shirt is nice. I do imagine their other fabrics would be nice as well.
    However, it isn't as "Fitted" as I expected. I may have to bring it to a tailor (or next time I visit mom) to really fit it. I am waiting to see if after washing it it shrinks.

Apparently they have good service. They sent me a postage free return label (which I considered using, since it wasn't a perfect fit).

19. water

water Senior member

Received my black monkstraps today. They were shipped from the UK and it took 9 days (to Canada.)

I cannot comment too much on them yet. I think they look good, definitely very similar (at least at first glance) to Loake's monkstraps.

20. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

FYI, the 50% off DOES work in the store. I went in today and bought this pair of suede brogues. Â According to the salesman, they are made by Loake. I also picked up a pair of their shoe trees, which I think are good for the price. I wanted to get their shoe care kit, but they were out of stock. The salesman gave me his card and said he'd honor the 50% off deal if I came back for it in January when they have stock. I think I will, and may get more trees.