1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Charles Hill handmade tie -- Input Needed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Licious, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Licious

Licious Active Member

This is a handmade Charles Hill english silk tie. The tie is about 15 years old, and I haven't worn it in 10 or 12 years. .

It was gently used and is still in very good condition, but I've contemplated purging it from the wardrobe for a number of years, but for some reason I've held onto it.

I need to either get rid of it or start wearing it again. But I first wanted some input from SF to see if it is terribly outdated because I don't see many straight horizontal striped ties like this sold in retail shops much anymore. The width is 3.25 in.

Input appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

You see that more in Knits thank in silks but if you like it, don't worry about what Sf thinks. It's a very English tie, it's not my style but if I saw someone wearing it, I would recognize it as a quality tie.

2 people like this.