• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charcoal worn casually - black or brown?

misterbowles

Reaction score
Hi. Another sartorial question needing a quick response...

What's best with a charcoal suit worn in a casual setting (probably tie-less), black or brown/burgundy shoes? My guess is black; now that I think about, maybe that's the only answer?

Quick replies would be great.

Thanks,
John

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

misterbowles

Reaction score
It's a non-vented charcoal 3-button I got thrifting; there is a Lord&Taylor tag inside, but no actual manufacturer info. Sized 42R by the tag, but it's been tailored, and fits in exactly the slim way you suggest, as I am usually a 46R. A hot suit, really.

Burberry french-cuffed shirt w/red/maroon stripes and some antique cufflinks to add a little flair.

Black plain-toe AEs. Slick.

Thanks for the advice, LA.

- jpb

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.