• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charcoal tie and pink shirt...can I wear navy trousers?

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it be acceptable to pair navy trousers with a pink shirt and charcoal herringbone (no white in the weave) tie? There will be no jacket worth speaking of, just a white lab coat.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would stand in front of a mirror and see how strong the contrast is given the white coat and all.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would see how it looks. The charcoal tie might look a bit off, but you never know. Either way, if you are going to be around other doctors, rest assured you'll still be the best dressed one there. I cringe when looking at Dr's ties.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Wool tie? Exceptional taste.

You might do better with grey or khaki, but I'd have to see pictures of the shirt, tie, and trousers to judge.

Carey

Reaction score
with those navy trousers.
You sir, are making an effort most doctor's never even consider. You are applauded.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like the combination wear it - damn what others think.

mrchapel

Reaction score
The look you suggest is very Boateng. Navy and pink, for some rather odd and bizarre reason, work well when paired together, so long as you can pull it off.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Of course - totally fine - why would that be an issue? Is it that crazy navy pants phobia coming back?

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always liked navy and pink or charcoal and pink, but I wasn't sure how well all three could work together.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I can't envision that combination with enough coordination, contrast, or complement to look good.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Personally, I can't envision that combination with enough coordination, contrast, or complement to look good.

I tend to agree. The combination just seems sort of "off" to me, especially when paired with a white lab coat.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40