• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

charcoal sweater with black pants?????

ChristopherG

Reaction score
Hey hey,

I've seen plenty of instances of charcoal/gray pants with a black sweater, but what about a charcoal sweater with black pants?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woah, lots of newb posts tonight
smile.gif
I try to stay away from black pants and would go with dark navy if possible. No real problem with that combo though

ChristopherG

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't have all my clothes here at school and need to dress up a little bit (which where I go to school doesn't take more than wearing something other than sweats...KILL ME) for an event.

Care to elaborate on the new post comment?

I tried on the black pants, (which I really have nothing else to wear with) and that charcoal sweater just sort of looked out of place. Wanted to double check.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are a new forum user and there seem to be lots of new users tonight for some reason
smile.gif

ChristopherG

Reaction score
Ah! My apologies. I figured you were taking a crack at something I said.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all, welcome to the forum and you might also want to search for this topic aswell. There are a few threads on pant color/shirt/sweater combo's. Also, it's always best to post pics to get the best understanding of what you are proposing
smile.gif
as long as you aren't this guy
103_1659-1.jpg

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as you like black pants (many posters here don't), I can't imagine why a charcoal sweater would be an objectionable pairing.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni

... silver lining to that cloud ... we found the Unibrower.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Not a particulary bad combo but I would maybe go with a different sweater to give the outfit a little more color.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Not at all, welcome to the forum and you might also want to search for this topic aswell. There are a few threads on pant color/shirt/sweater combo's. Also, it's always best to post pics to get the best understanding of what you are proposing
smile.gif

103_1659-1.jpg

what the hell are those gold bands around his elbows

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads