• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

charcoal sweater with black pants?????

ChristopherG

Reaction score
Hey hey,

I've seen plenty of instances of charcoal/gray pants with a black sweater, but what about a charcoal sweater with black pants?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woah, lots of newb posts tonight
I try to stay away from black pants and would go with dark navy if possible. No real problem with that combo though

ChristopherG

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't have all my clothes here at school and need to dress up a little bit (which where I go to school doesn't take more than wearing something other than sweats...KILL ME) for an event.

Care to elaborate on the new post comment?

I tried on the black pants, (which I really have nothing else to wear with) and that charcoal sweater just sort of looked out of place. Wanted to double check.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are a new forum user and there seem to be lots of new users tonight for some reason

ChristopherG

Reaction score
Ah! My apologies. I figured you were taking a crack at something I said.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all, welcome to the forum and you might also want to search for this topic aswell. There are a few threads on pant color/shirt/sweater combo's. Also, it's always best to post pics to get the best understanding of what you are proposing
as long as you aren't this guy

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as you like black pants (many posters here don't), I can't imagine why a charcoal sweater would be an objectionable pairing.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni

... silver lining to that cloud ... we found the Unibrower.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Not a particulary bad combo but I would maybe go with a different sweater to give the outfit a little more color.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Not at all, welcome to the forum and you might also want to search for this topic aswell. There are a few threads on pant color/shirt/sweater combo's. Also, it's always best to post pics to get the best understanding of what you are proposing

what the hell are those gold bands around his elbows

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30