Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charcoal Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jukes, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Jukes

Jukes New Member

Hey ppl, got a ball coming up, just wondering what your opinion is on a charcoal suit with white or tan shoes? does this mean i should not have a black belt too? any help would be good!

2. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Personally I wouldn't wear white or tan shoes with a charcoal suit. The color combination just doesn't sound that great. I think a brown shoe would be your best bet.

And in terms of belt color, I always mach my belt with my shoes (at least for formal wear).

3. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Tan shoes with navy has a certain southern Italian insouciance. Tan with charcoal just ... doesn't, in my opinion. Not sure what you mean by "ball" but if it's a big formal celebratioin, consider black.

4. Carey

Carey Senior member

first choice. Then cordovan second. I have a charcoal suit and where either of those choices. Light to medium brown don't cut it, in my opinion. Black is boring.

I have a charcoal herring bone Talbott Best of Class tie that is great for an evening event that only requires a suit and tie.

Is this a black-tie optional event? If so, and you have a tux, Black-tie is the best choice

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Hey ppl, got a ball coming up, just wondering what your opinion is on a charcoal suit with white or tan shoes? does this mean i should not have a black belt too? any help would be good!

dark brown shoes, and you'll be fine.

sorry for the ot:

what's wrong with typing in "people"? why is "PPL" so commonly used? is it too hard to type in the extra 3 words? this isn't like using your cellphone keypads.