• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Charcoal Suit

Jukes

Reaction score
Hey ppl, got a ball coming up, just wondering what your opinion is on a charcoal suit with white or tan shoes? does this mean i should not have a black belt too? any help would be good!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't wear white or tan shoes with a charcoal suit. The color combination just doesn't sound that great. I think a brown shoe would be your best bet.

And in terms of belt color, I always mach my belt with my shoes (at least for formal wear).

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tan shoes with navy has a certain southern Italian insouciance. Tan with charcoal just ... doesn't, in my opinion. Not sure what you mean by "ball" but if it's a big formal celebratioin, consider black.

Carey

Reaction score
first choice. Then cordovan second. I have a charcoal suit and where either of those choices. Light to medium brown don't cut it, in my opinion. Black is boring.

I have a charcoal herring bone Talbott Best of Class tie that is great for an evening event that only requires a suit and tie.

Is this a black-tie optional event? If so, and you have a tux, Black-tie is the best choice

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jukes
Hey ppl, got a ball coming up, just wondering what your opinion is on a charcoal suit with white or tan shoes? does this mean i should not have a black belt too? any help would be good!

dark brown shoes, and you'll be fine.

sorry for the ot:

what's wrong with typing in "people"? why is "PPL" so commonly used? is it too hard to type in the extra 3 words? this isn't like using your cellphone keypads.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40