• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charcoal rope striped suit, where to find?

BondOnABudget

Reaction score
Greetings!

I did not find a page specifically for new members, so I will introduce myself first. As for the world of style, I am new to it. I used to be very overweight about two years ago, and have lost inches off of my body which approach nearly a foot in circumference. Back then it would have taken a miracle to get me to try on clothes, and I was happy with my graphic t-shirts and hoodies. Then, I changed, for the better and really enjoyed trying clothes without feeling ashamed. I still remember the day I purchased my first French cuff shirt, and was told, "the slim and extra slim fits will be over there". I've also been picking up an eye for fashion, or at least have decent tastes when it comes to single articles of clothing. Anyways, I'm glad I found this website as most the time I have no idea what I'm doing, other than getting by on accident, and I look forward to the advice and information to be found.

Anyways, to my question. As one can infer from my screen name, I am a Bond fan, and I love Daniel Craig's Bond; it was through the films and Magnoli Clothiers (only cufflinks so far) I've learned a deep appreciation for fine dress. I am a graduating college senior, and as I work on job applications I'm anticipating the calls and emails for interviews. The thing I fear about them; dressing. the suit I have is a navy pinstripe from my ''larger days'', which I've handed down to a friend. My goal, which I've attempted to search for, is a suit seen in the movie Skyfall. The grey suit with "rope" stripes. This is seen in the scenes when Bond is brought back into Mi6 (and I think when running through Granborough & Scotland). I was curious as to if anyone might be aware of college budget friendly options to fit the bill? Aiming for a max of $250, as my work study is running low, and need shoes for graduation (and interviews) as well. I appreciate the help!

BondOnABudget

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply, is the style I'm looking for. Hardest part seems to be finding the right stripes

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply, is the style I'm looking for. Hardest part seems to be finding the right stripes
What specifically about the stripes do you like? It looks like a very typical pinstripe to me, but maybe i'm missing something.

Cheers,

Fok.

BondOnABudget

Reaction score
Please forgive my lack of terminology, but for me it boils down to the spacing. Many suits I've looked at on the internmet either have very wide gaps between strips, like you could fit your knuckle between them, or they're so fine the seem like a micro print. The ones here seem like they're only about as wide as a basic ballpoint pen. Also, I like with these, at a distance the suit can appear to be solid, but up close you can see the pattern

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BondOnABudget

Reaction score
Like that one! My measurements are sort of limiting, as I think I have around a 38 inch chest, and a 28-30" waist (depending on the cut of pants).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like that one! My measurements are sort of limiting, as I think I have around a 38 inch chest, and a 28-30" waist (depending on the cut of pants).
Not that limiting, You are just a size 38 with a larger than usual drop. In Europe, this is pretty much a straight up M.

I'll take a look, but at $250, it's going to be slim pickings for something so specific.

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads