• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Changeling

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else see this?

I dug it. Nice clothes, creepy, long, and best of all, no romance.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Honestly, probably one of the saddest movies i've seen this year. Great, but sad.
The clothes were awesome, and the acting was overall, excellent.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Also, this is *not* a date movie...

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Also, this is *not* a date movie...

Absolutely agree. My girlfriend was inconsolable during and after this movie.

GoSurface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing it this week, I hope. Ugh, I've been dying to see it for awhile now, and when I tried two weeks ago (saw that it was open limited release), my hag and I tried to see it. Well, it wasn't playing where we went, so we ended up seeing that abortion of a movie "Passengers."

larryr

Reaction score
There was a Changeling movie that was made a while back, one of the scariest movies i've ever seen without any blood spilling in it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Changeling_(film) I haven't seen the more recent movie, but this one i believe has a similar premise. A child was switched for another?

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great movie. The acting was very good and solid. Very worth seeing but it was extremely sad.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
yes. the child was switched.

one of the sub premises of this movie was the power men have and how they use it.

it is absolutely horrifying when powerful men use it to snuff out the weak.

but so beautiful when they use it to uplift the weak. like the John Malkovich pastor character and the pro-bono working lawyer. i wish to be like these men.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just saw it and loved it. i generally like movies shot in the 20-30's. i love that time period. the only thing i couldnt stand was the kid. the one who confessed. was he the directors son? he had to be because he was the worst actor ever! everything he did i could see in brackets on the script. (start to cry), We killed them! I swear! (cry while looking down at the table) i think you get my point.

samurai

Reaction score
Watched it just last night. Really riveting, very sad, left me feeling drained.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did it just come out on DVD or something?

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
angelina jolie

i would have used special efx to remove the veins in her arms/hands. it's what makes her hideous.

Berticus

Reaction score
Didn't realize it came out already. Wanted to watch it because Jeffrey Donovan is in it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40