• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Changed Sizes, What to do with old clothes?

Keon

Reaction score
I lost weight, not to mention I used to wear most of my casual clothes baggy unfortunately. So right now I'm pretty much a medium, whereas most of my clothes are large and even XL. I can still wear some of it, but others are just too big.

I haven't gotten rid of much of it in case I regain weight. Many people think I'm too skinny now and I think I need to START working out.

Anyway, should I get rid of the clothing that doesn't fit me? Most of it was from mall stores and Macy's. Not bad but nothing really expensive either. Should I wait until spring time to try things on, and if they don't fit get rid of them? What do you guys suggest? I have a problem with not wanting to throw perfectly good things out.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'd give it a bit to see if you maintain the weight loss.

hamish5178

Reaction score
If you've got room keep them (unless you think throwing them out will motivate you to keep the weight off).

I tossed out several pairs of pants that were too small for me about 2 months ago, I regret that now since they'd easily fit me now.

indy116

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i'd give it a bit to see if you maintain the weight loss.

That, and then off to the Goodwill store. I donated all my larger pants last week to force me to keep the weight off. It had been a few months since I'd last worn any of them..

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Get a nice cardboard box and packing tape, put all the decent clothes in the box, seal it tight and write FAT CLOTHES across the top with a big marker. It's oddly satisfying. I have two of those boxes (seasonal, of course).

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's nice stuff in good condition people here would want, sell it on the forum.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eshu
I suggest you donate them to the poor. You can purchase again, if you loose your control and become bulky.

Originally Posted by JoeWoah
If it's nice stuff in good condition people here would want, sell it on the forum.

Or sell them here and donate the money. Probably do a bit better than just donating them, depending on how much they're worth.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40