• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chan special for November

hmhill

Reaction score
I received my letter from Chan today, but there was not any information on the specials. I usually received a swatch of fabric for suits and shirts, but only got the letter today.

Max

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. I thought maybe that they had forgotten to include the page with the specials and the swatches, but obviously not. I'll have to say that during the summer tour, Patrick more or less warned me off the "special" suiting fabric, saying it was not LP's best. I have been hoping to buy a shirt or two in addition to a jacket on this tour, so I am sorry that none of their shirting fabrics are on special.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Same here. I thought maybe that they had forgotten to include the page with the specials and the swatches, but obviously not. I'll have to say that during the summer tour, Patrick more or less warned me off the "special" suiting fabric, saying it was not LP's best. I have been hoping to buy a shirt or two in addition to a jacket on this tour, so I am sorry that none of their shirting fabrics are on special.

I also received the same letter today. Are you taking the letter to mean there are no specials this time?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Max/Jan, thanks for the information. I had decided that, if Chan was running a decent special on either suitings and shirtings, I'd make the trek into Houston this time. I guess for now I'll stick to ordering via e-mail.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
Max/Jan, thanks for the information. I had decided that, if Chan was running a decent special on either suitings and shirtings, I'd make the trek into Houston this time. I guess for now I'll stick to ordering via e-mail.

At least you'll certainly get your garments faster. I have a very clear idea of what I want and could probably just as well order by e-mail. However, it's fun to see Patrick and look over the swatch books and all. But, then, it's lot easier for me to drive to Beverly Hills than it is for you to go to Houston.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
At least you'll certainly get your garments faster. I have a very clear idea of what I want and could probably just as well order by e-mail. However, it's fun to see Patrick and look over the swatch books and all. But, then, it's lot easier for me to drive to Beverly Hills than it is for you to go to Houston.
Maybe I'll see you there, JLib. I recently received Chan's email confirming my appointment, which will be my first-ever Chan experience.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Maybe I'll see you there, JLib.

Be sure to bring a camera, so you can snap photos of the ever-ellusive green blazer, on the off chance he's wearing it.

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I recently received Chan's email confirming my appointment, which will be my first-ever Chan experience.

Welcome to the club.
wink.gif

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Thank you.
cheers.gif

I'll do my best to live up to the high standards set by those who have gone before me.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won't be wearing the elusive green blazer. I'll be wearing my brownish-green (or greenish-brown) Shetland tweed hacking jacket since that is my most recent acquisition from Chan. Of course, a Santa Ana will probably blow in and the temperature wll be 102 degrees since I'll be wearing such a warm jacket!

What time is your appointment, Lawyerdad? Maybe we will cross paths. Mine is at 11:00.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps with the help of by stepson, who I think has a digital camera, I might be able to post my Chan duds, including the elusive green blazer, one of these days soon.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
I won't be wearing the elusive green blazer. I'll be wearing my brownish-green (or greenish-brown) Shetland tweed hacking jacket since that is my most recent acquisition from Chan. Of course, a Santa Ana will probably blow in and the temperature wll be 102 degrees since I'll be wearing such a warm jacket!

What time is your appointment, Lawyerdad? Maybe we will cross paths. Mine is at 11:00.

I'm at 10:00, so we may well do so.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is your first appointment with Chan, it will probably take a full hour, so it's likely we'll meet. Let's hope so, anyway. If you see an old white guy with thinning gray hair and glasses who is about 6'3" and wearing a Shetland tweed jacket as previously described, in all probability it will be me.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
If this is your first appointment with Chan, it will probably take a full hour, so it's likely we'll meet. Let's hope so, anyway. If you see an old white guy with thinning gray hair and glasses who is about 6'3" and wearing a Shetland tweed jacket as previously described, in all probability it will be me.
I'll look forward to it. You know the codephrase, yes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads