1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Champagne

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Styleman, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Yeah, I do tend to spoil my guests as well, and a few have been grateful for the exposure to something other than Budweiser and hot dogs, but if this is a large wedding, I don't know that it is the place to be spending 100 dollars on a bottle of champagne. Unless you have that kind of money to spend. But the meal had better live up to it.

2. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

No degrees, no.  I was a judge in a few cooking contests, but it was only for fun.  I experiment and let my husband taste.  He's not harsh enough, though.  Nobody around is harsh enough.  I want someone to tell me there isn't enough lemon juice, that the shallots were slightly burnt, or that my Mornay sauce is too thick.  It's always the same scenario: I'll be unhappy with most of the courses I will have cooked for a dinner, but not a single person will apparently notice.  Pfff...

Edit to add that I am not trying to get compliments. I truly wish I could get honest criticism of my dishes.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Well he said he wanted to spend up to $150 and mentioned that it would only be a few bottles. It's not like you get married that often anyways (unless you're Britney Spears [​IMG] )

4. Styleman

Styleman Senior member

True

5. wja

wja Well-Known Member

I think that you are driving yourselves nuts for no reason at all.  Over the last 20 years or so I have drunk more champagne than everything else combined.  It is clear to me that champagne is a wine to be drunk (guzzled) at any time, with anything, or nothing.  I have enjoyed champagne with classic french, chinese, pizza, and potato chips and dip.  There are few I have not drunk; some are better than others.  Stop parsing this and grab whatever you like out of the fridge.