• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CHALLENGE: Shake things up w/ new WAYWT for MARCH 2009

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As per the "What the hell is wrong with this place?" thread, I propose breathing some new life into SF, into our own wardrobes, and getting outside the groupthink, narrow range of what is "acceptable" dress. Less workwear, less trad, more creativity.

I don't mean let's start wearing costumes, but let's try to push the envelope and try some new things and post the results. Some will be hits, some will be misses, but I think we sorely need to expand the range of what we talk about and what we wear.

AND< in the process, maybe if some of us older-timers post this stuff, it will encourage some new blood and some new creative members to post their outfits.

SO, for the month of March... let's take a few chances with our WAYWT. For me, I'll pull out some of the large amount of designer stuff I've accumulated over the years but NEVER wear. We'll see what happens.

I hope some others will join in.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a challenge: Make a pair of True Religion jeans look good. Wear something from Ed Hardy and make it look pretty cool. Can this be done? (Maybe I went too far.)

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Here's a challenge: Make a pair of True Religion jeans look good. Wear something from Ed Hardy and make it look pretty cool. Can this be done? (Maybe I went too far.)
It will take a far better man than me to make that happen.
lol8[1].gif
I'd like to see mafoo give it a try, though. Anyway, I'd also be happy to see some issued challenges for the month of march... for example, someone calls for a random: NEXT TUESDAY, wear LIME GREEN or something. Just to see how different members re-work the same color.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
as you know, i'm in. raf unitard/onesie, ftw

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the purpose of this challenge is to do something less ordinary. TR and Ed Hardy do not qualify by default.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I think the purpose of this challenge is to do something less ordinary. TR and Ed Hardy do not qualify by default.

But they would be out of the ordinary for pretty much everyone here...and making them look cool would be impressive. Anyway, it was a pretty tongue in cheek comment.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But they would be out of the ordinary for pretty much everyone here...and making them look cool would be impressive.

To whom?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not going to shake things up, but hopefully in March I will finally post some more WAYWT; I use a film camera and hate to waste it, so I will have a lot of WAYWT at once!

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea. I haven't posted pictures for a while due to being busy, but I'll be back. It'll be great to see some regulars who don't usually post pictures, like rach2jlc, actually become WAYWT regulars.

I think the main thing is posting every day or close to it. That kind of regularity is what made the thread good.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
After three years here I decided to learn how to post pictures just this morning. So I will have more pictures on here than just the ones in the Seattle meet threads.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Why are we waiting until march?
It doesn't have to be March... I just thought that made for an easier sounding "Challenge." We can start tomorrow, if members want. It's not a formal thing... people can begin and end whenever they'd like.

mtmindc

Reaction score
Note from a lurker:

As a housekeeping challenge, better quality pictures, maybe shots that utilize natural light and are in focus. Also, some different poses: I look forward to Berlin Report's fits not just because they're usually well-coordinated in a fashion sense but because as pictures themselves tend to be well-composed, taken in a range of locations and poses, and still present the fit in a way that can be critiqued.

Far as a challenge is concerned, I guess for me it's fair to actually start posting myself.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I'm a 5'7" Oriental who wears ten-gallon hats in the middle of San Francisco.

So things for you are already shaken.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics