• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Challenge: ID this jacket (Garden&Gun)

TheConstantGardener

Reaction score
In the newest issue of the magazine Garden and Gun (a mag about southern culture and such) there is a cover photo and spread about the Avett Brothers (a Blugrass Band). One of the brothers is wearing a totally pimp odd jacket and I want to find it or something similar. I'll try and post it here. So does anyone know where I could find a similar jacket? Bonus points for knowing the exact brand. Also, what do yall think of it? I think they both look really sharp, but obviously they have a old western thing going on. http://gardenandgun.com/galleries/photos/brothers-avett Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure who makes that, but I bet Bookster would make you one.

Also, strangely enough, I just saw "Garden and Gun" in the dentist's office today. I commented to another patient that it seemed like a really odd combo, and she told me it's a really great magazine. Hmm!

Icehawk

Reaction score
That's a pretty neat jacket IMO - I *think* it's based off civil war coats (the pockets at least).

Shoot the magazine an email, they may know.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
That's a pretty neat jacket IMO - I *think* it's based off civil war coats (the pockets at least)..

That was my thought. I have a few friends who do the reenacting thing, and they have some really neat handmade historical clothing.

kungapa

Reaction score
Looks like a Ben Sherman jacket I picked up from Gilt recently.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheConstantGardener

Reaction score
Don't think so. I find a similar at JCrew called the Linnen Harringbone Ludlow sportscoat, but that not it. No elbow patches with the original jacket does have.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like something from either Billy Reid or Freemans Sporting Club.

G&G is awesome btw. If you like the magazine they keep a few blogs on their website.

TheConstantGardener

Reaction score
I completely agree with your critique of the magazine. Its young though so it could figure itself out.

kungapa

Reaction score
_6194812.jpg

TheConstantGardener

Reaction score
Nice. I'm almost totally sure that is the one (I inspected closely!). Where did you find it good sir?

TheConstantGardener

Reaction score
Also thought I'd say it looks about 1/1000th as cool with that outfit on that D-Bag. Just goes to show you that its not just about the garments.

kungapa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheConstantGardener
Nice. I'm almost totally sure that is the one (I inspected closely!). Where did you find it good sir?

It is, as I said before, a Ben Sherman jacket.

Wool Tweed Blazer, I believe the name is. I have it - it has weird vent-less back, and runs very short. I like it a lot actually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics