• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chainstitching thread

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Dropped off my jeans on Sat, picked them up on Mon (despite it being a national holiday, Atsui was up and running!). Here's a picture of the old hem (the chainstitching was removed cause it was tapered a bit), and a shot of the chainstitching. Not sure why, but the pieces that were cut off aren't straight...*shrug* Still looks good though so, eh.
P1190001.jpg

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry about the scrap, but you had a lot of stacking going on and it was impossible to cut clean across. That was a nice pair to work on.

We can do a little repair work as well. For instance, if the crotch blows out any on that pair who8, bring'em down and we will see what we can do at no charge
smile.gif

ringring

Reaction score
That's a really nice modded Union Special Atsui. I must get to Seattle.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the offer, Jay. You probably saw my attempt at patching up the crotch, haha...It'll probably blow soon and I'm doing what I can. But I'm sure you'll see me again with my PBJs soon enough.

billionaireboy

Reaction score
turnaround time for my chainstitch at BiG was about 10 minutes... amazing

45rpm only stitches for instore now if anyone was curious

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billionaireboy
45rpm only stitches for instore now if anyone was curious

You sure about this?
I had a customer just email me saying they got three pairs of jeans bought from us over the last couple of years hemmed there last week.. he was upset that he had to pay $45 A JEAN to get them hemmed.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
You sure about this?
I had a customer just email me saying they got three pairs of jeans bought from us over the last couple of years hemmed there last week.. he was upset that he had to pay $45 A JEAN to get them hemmed.

BENDER: Demand suddenly skyrocketed, you all saw it!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sure about this?

$45? I remember it used to be like $15 a few year ago, last time i went there, it was i think $25, but ******* $45?

billionaireboy

Reaction score
You sure about this?

i emailed them a few weeks ago (dec 20) asking and I got an email back from Laura saying they didnt stitch for jeans outside of their brand

gothica

Reaction score
Anyone know of any solid places in San Diego for chain stiching? Thanks in advance.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
chain stitching is OVER RATED get over it .
if you want to go real old school use a straight stitch with baised tape.....hell yah.
Not saying I wouldnt use a chain stitch on my jean but if I needed them altered a straight stitch is stronger.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but what about shirts that are done with triple chain stitching and need altering? Are there any places that can do this?

34154628037d22b39c0ac889afe556e53e5a0356.detailh.jpg

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rising Sun in Pasadena does chainstitching, though I'm not sure if they accept mail orders on chainstitching or not. Last I checked (a couple of months ago), they were charging $20 per pair of jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads