1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

CFA for trading job

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Egert, Apr 18, 2011.

1. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

You from Regina or just looking to move if you can get job with Greystone?
    I'm from Regina - currently living in Edmonton for school. Best I can tell, Greystone is the biggest fish in Regina, and a surprisingly big fish at that.

2. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

CFA for trading job is useless.

If you're in pure execution, you don't need CFA, you need something else. If you're in truly quantitative trading, then CFA's level of math is a joke.

However from what I heard CFA is needed in buy side (not as in needed functional, but as in needed as a badge of you have done it).

I have only finished level 1, then decided not to bother with it. It gives you general knowledge of bunch things, but not detail enough in anything.

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

After doing some more research, I think I'm going to pursue a CFA for the purpose of getting into PWM.

4. alphaO888

alphaO888 Senior member

I have only finished level 1, then decided not to bother with it. It gives you general knowledge of bunch things, but not detail enough in anything.

You should check out level 2 and 3 if this was your qualm with the first test.

5. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

You should check out level 2 and 3 if this was your qualm with the first test.
    No doubt. With no prerequisite studies .. it's hard for the first test to be very in depth. But looking through my books, first level seems to be a pretty strong base. And with sub 50% pass rates on the 2nd and 3rd tests .. I'm sure the required knowledge takes a big jump after round 1.