• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cesare paciotti shoes!! questions..

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw this black lace up shoe in GQ by you know who... they are the ones you know on the page with all the black lace ups..i cant find a picture online at gq.com butyea..
is anyone familiar with this brand ?
are they well made?
or are they really over priced..there 575

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
You can get yourself a pair of Santoni FAM or Barrett over a Paciotti...

vogda

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
I saw this black lace up shoe in GQ by you know who... they are the ones you know on the page with all the black lace ups..i cant find a picture online at gq.com butyea..
is anyone familiar with this brand ?
are they well made?
or are they really over priced..there 575

they are really over priced well made shoes but over priced and too trendy
for my point of view

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
You can get yourself a pair of Santoni FAM or Barrett over a Paciotti...

yea and maybe the OP isnt interested....why not stay relevant to what he's asking for instead of trying to inflict everyone with *your* happiness

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
I know that... I am just saying that for the price of the Paciotti shoes, why not get a well known brand like Santoni that is making shoes for your money's worth?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
But if he's interested in Paciotti (not classically shaped by any means) then suggesting Santoni is like someone asking about a steak on the menu and told the fish is real tasty.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ haha thanks for pointing that out because..yea i dont really want another pair of shoes.. i want these ones in particular..if i wanted a pair of black lace ups for the hell of it id look elsewehre..i just happened to see these and i liked em
yea, its not that i can get another shoe..the point is that i saw thsi shoe that i liked do to the styling of it..if i wanted any black lace ups really nice ones..i know of other ones to get for that price that are really well made..but all im saying is
are the shoes well made? i mean its not ilke its just waaaay over priced cuz of the branding or anything right?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ne one with some insight...

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Amongst very fashion forward makers, Paciotti is pretty good and the quality isn't bad at all. The short answer is YES they are overpriced, but you could certainly do worse. Prada also charges $575 or so for its shoes, and I'd say your average $575 Paciotti would be much better made.

He used to design some shoes for Versace and as others have said, they are polar opposites of Santoni or C&J. Some of the shoes he puts out are downright garish, BUT if you want a shoe that would look good with jeans and such, some of his models are pretty nifty.

A few other brands along the same lines that you may want to check out are Alberto Guardiani, Gianni Barbato, and Jean-Michel Cazabat. They definitely aren't shoes to wear to a business meeting, but they can be fun! I have a pair of Guardianis that I like very much and I find his shoes to be slightly cheaper than Paciotti (Guardiani is probably $450 to Paciotti's $600.) I also have two pairs of Cazabats and the quality is quite good (decent leathers, channeled soles, welting, etc.) They are usually sold at barney's and their prices are about the same as Paciotti.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads