Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cesare Paciotti opinions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mishon, Sep 2, 2007.

1. mishon

mishon Senior member

Gents, what do you think? Greatly appreciated. -M-

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

You might also try a search as we have a discussion about Paciotti every couple of months around here.

Paciotti is often a little too much for my tastes, but if you are a big fan of VERY fashion-forward Italian shoes, the quality is quite good overall for that kind of shoe. Along with Gianni Barbato, Jean-Michel Cazabat, and Alberto Guardiani, they tend to make shoes that really attractive Italian men and footballers can wear easily but us mere mortals can't do so well.

Nevertheless, not every style they put out is pointed-toe and garish, but in general they are more casual and go well with jeans and such. Pricing is high for casual shoes and in line with some of the other major designers, perhaps $395-600 depending on the style/leather used.

Overall, my opinion is for nights out, they can be fun. I personally like Cazabat and Guardiani a little better and so have a few pairs for going out, but they definitely aren't shoes you could wear everyday.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I have a Cesare Paciotti belt that seems to be of good quality.

4. rach2jlc

I have a Cesare Paciotti belt that seems to be of good quality.

I've also seen some bags and such as well that were pretty nice. The styling was... well... typical Paciotti, but they were quite well constructed and the leathers were pretty good.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I've also seen some bags and such as well that were pretty nice. The styling was... well... typical Paciotti, but they were quite well constructed and the leathers were pretty good.

My belt is actually quite understated. It's simply a chrome-like buckle, rectangular, with the name and that dagger logo engraved.

6. rach2jlc

My belt is actually quite understated. It's simply a chrome-like buckle, rectangular, with the name and that dagger logo engraved.

Yes, like Dolce&Gabbana, I think Paciotti still makes some understated and nice stuff, shoes included. But, I think he makes his biggest profits from the garish pointy shoes and such, like D&G do from the trashy jeans, even though they still have some beautifully tailored garments hidden around here and there.

7. mishon

mishon Senior member

Thanks for replying, guys. I was actually thinking about wearing something along these lines with a suit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

^SFers don't take kindly to square-toed shoes, elongated or not. i am included in this group. the design itself is also very awkward...

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Thanks for replying, guys. I was actually thinking about wearing something along these lines with a suit.

Just wondering, how much are they selling these?

10. mishon

mishon Senior member

$250 - $400 o.b.o

11. rach2jlc

$250 - $400 o.b.o

I'm going to agree with the others and say you should probably look elsewhere for something to wear with a suit. Unless you work in entertainment or are the head of a Crime Syndicate, I don't think these are going to work very well.

12. mishon

mishon Senior member

... and I am in neither of those. I actually work a very conservative job (attorney) but I like to spice it up at work once in a while, and get made fun of frequently by some of my co-workers.[​IMG] Thank you for replying.

13. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I think paciotti makes ugly shoes. They're too fashiony and too pointy. You can find striking shoes that aren't in poor taste by looking elsewhere imo.

14. rach2jlc

... and I am in neither of those. I actually work a very conservative job (attorney) but I like to spice it up at work once in a while, and get made fun of frequently by some of my co-workers.[​IMG] Thank you for replying.

As an attorney, I don't think you want your clothing items to be a distraction. These shoes, even though fun and guaranteed to "spice" things up, nevertheless might be distracting to others in your work setting. As such, I think you may want to look for ways to be "spicey" a little more subtly. Maybe a colored watchband or something... [​IMG]

15. meister

meister Senior member

I used to wEAR 'EM 15 YEARS AGO BUT WOULD NOT CONSIDER THEM NOW.