• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cesare Attolini Appreciation Thread

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Aly.B best of luck and hope you are able to get something that fits well and you'll enjoy for years to come.

Cheers.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all very kindly for your advice, insights, and suggestions. I have a string feeling that a size 52 Attolini should be a good fit for me but I’ll still reach out to Attolini for exact measurements, just to be on the safe side. Much appreciated!

Forgot to mention one more great resource for Attolini: Decorato Atelier NY

Aly.B

Reaction score
@Aly.B best of luck and hope you are able to get something that fits well and you'll enjoy for years to come.

Cheers.
Appreciate it very much! I do have one more question though - is it recommended to go up in size for suits to achieve a better shoulder measurement? I’m asking because size 52 Attolini has an 18” shoulder and size 54 has an 18.5” shoulder.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it very much! I do have one more question though - is it recommended to go up in size for suits to achieve a better shoulder measurement? I’m asking because size 52 Attolini has an 18” shoulder and size 54 has an 18.5” shoulder.

I don't think I can give you accurate advice with sizing up. I have seen many Attolini RTW suits listed as 40/50 R7, with variations in the shoulder measurement. I assume it depends on model variations. I will DM you with some other thoughts.

zr3rs

Reaction score
Attolini has a very much accomodating shoulder. Most 52s are too narrow in the chest for me, but 52 Attolini fits like a glove although the shoulder width is relatively narrow, but the sleeveheads are somehow very flexible. I would not size up.

Attolini does have slightly different cuts though, and if you look at some online sellers, they might also sell stuff that had size variations in production or that was unclaimed MTM, so beware.

Johnny80

Reaction score
i wouldnt worry...but again why you dont talk to them directly? if you have one model in mind..send them a picture of that suit and if they have the fabric will do it for you with 18.5" shoulder if that is fine for you
Since im not size 52 i cannot help you with measurements but, again if its just the shoulders are your fear and you want like 0.5" extra, speak with them and they will help you at once. If they have the fabric it will be ready in couple of weeks, if not you probably want to wait more or change the pattern/fabric with some of their stock options
Keep us posted plz

Last edited:

acconrad

Reaction score
Finally getting the chance to wear my grail suit - navy Attolini!

I loved wearing my Isaia fot the last decade but came upon the deal of a lifetime and ended up trying both Kiton and Attolini and found the Attolini fit me better :)

What black oxfords would complement the suit in terms of quality? Considering Edward Green, Gaziano&Girling, and Vass. I’ve also heard good things about Kiton, Meccariello, Lattanzi, and St Crispin, but not sure they’re known for a good Oxford specifically

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
Going by your suggestion, I should be fine with a 52R Attolini as well. The ebay retailer also suggested a size 52 but they don’t have free returns and are based outside the US (Italy, I believe). That’s why I want to make sure I’m getting the correct size before I make the purchase. Also, if you or any other member could suggest a store in New Jersey where I could try on an Attolini suit would be much appreciated. Thank you for your suggestion.

I'm the same size. You're a 52R in Attolini. The older AUK suits tend to be cut longer, around 31 inches/78.7 cm in length, measured from beneath the collar. Older Kitons are cut similarly. However, the newer AUS Attolini model is cut slimmer and a little shorter, providing a more contemporary silhouette.

Interestingly enough the much older Sartoria Attolini models had significant shoulder padding. They still fit great and exhibited the trademark Attolini shape, but the shoulder padding was ironic, given that Vincenzo Attolini pioneered the Neapolitan soft shoulder. The spalla camicia was also distinct, and consisted of 20-30 tiny creases folded into the shoulder head. I received compliments any time I wore it, particularly from women. What other reason do we have for wearing nice suits? ha ha.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
Thank you all very kindly for your advice, insights, and suggestions. I have a string feeling that a size 52 Attolini should be a good fit for me but I’ll still reach out to Attolini for exact measurements, just to be on the safe side. Much appreciated!

You can find measurements for Attolini suits here:

I'm assuming that these measurements are for the newer AUS model. However, you may want to write to a store that carries Attolinis and inquire as to which model these measurements apply.

I've written to Isuit before and they provided accurate measurements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads