• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cesare Attolini Appreciation Thread

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Loved my recently-arrived first Attolini sport coat so much that I bought another Attolini sport coat - currently in transit to me. Sneak peek at the fabric:

Attolini Blue Houndstooth.jpg

MapleLeaf1967

Reaction score
I have never had the pleasure of seeing one these in person. Does anyone know where in Toronto I could handle some of their clothes?

I arranged for the son of a reputable Neapolitan tailor, Sartoria Manna, to visit Toronto during the 2nd week of June. Their work and craftsmanship is comparable to Atollini but at a lower priced point. They are a small operation and try to stay competitive vs the moreestablished brands like Atollini, Asaia and Kiton. If you are interested in meeting with the tailor while he’s in Toronto please let me know.

aerogaa

Reaction score
Late to this thread but amazed by our SF members in their Attolini suit. For those familiar, do you know how Attolini's con rollino/ roped shoulders look like? Most of my suits from the brand are with natural shoulders or spalla camicia.

Tempted to get a MTO, so exploring the options that are generally not available/seen in RTW.

Aly.B

Reaction score
Hi members,

I’m looking for some advice on Attolini suits. Skimmed through the threads here but were unable to find anything that would help me figure out my size. I looked at some Attolini suits on ebay and was wondering what size should I get.

I wear a EU 52 in Ermenegildo Zegna and Giorgio Armani and US 42 in RL Purple Label. What size should I go for in Attolini? From what I have read so far, Attolini suits have very narrow shoulders. I have seen size 52 suits with 18 inch shoulders. Is that even possible? I can wear shoulders that are between 18.75” to 19”. And I think a size 54 Attolini comes with 18.5”. Please advise what my options with Attolini are. Thanks in advance.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Hi members,

I’m looking for some advice on Attolini suits. Skimmed through the threads here but were unable to find anything that would help me figure out my size. I looked at some Attolini suits on ebay and was wondering what size should I get.

I wear a EU 52 in Ermenegildo Zegna and Giorgio Armani and US 42 in RL Purple Label. What size should I go for in Attolini? From what I have read so far, Attolini suits have very narrow shoulders. I have seen size 52 suits with 18 inch shoulders. Is that even possible? I can wear shoulders that are between 18.75” to 19”. And I think a size 54 Attolini comes with 18.5”. Please advise what my options with Attolini are. Thanks in advance.

I have 2 Attolini Sport Jackets (no suit). In Zegna my perfect size is 56R7. In Armani my size is 56R. In Attolini, my perfect size is same as Zegna - 56R7. I have broad shoulders and found Attolini to be in line with Zegna and Armani for shoulder width.

Attolini jackets are very much handmade, so it is best if you cannot try it on to find a retailer who will take careful measurements and send those to you.

Aly.B

Reaction score
I have 2 Attolini Sport Jackets (no suit). In Zegna my perfect size is 56R7. In Armani my size is 56R. In Attolini, my perfect size is same as Zegna - 56R7. I have broad shoulders and found Attolini to be in line with Zegna and Armani for shoulder width.

Attolini jackets are very much handmade, so it is best if you cannot try it on to find a retailer who will take careful measurements and send those to you.
Going by your suggestion, I should be fine with a 52R Attolini as well. The ebay retailer also suggested a size 52 but they don’t have free returns and are based outside the US (Italy, I believe). That’s why I want to make sure I’m getting the correct size before I make the purchase. Also, if you or any other member could suggest a store in New Jersey where I could try on an Attolini suit would be much appreciated. Thank you for your suggestion.

Johnny80

Reaction score
Hi members,

I would not worry about. Zegna Attolini and Kiton are about the same (dont have any Armani) but Isaia is a little bit slimmer, but just..but Isaia is always drop 8 also while attolini makes only drop 7. So if Your zegna is fine in size 52 then Attolini should be around the same. You can buy and return if you live in EU or if you have a shop with Attolini would be even better to try it

Johnny80

Reaction score
Going by your suggestion, I should be fine with a 52R Attolini as well. The ebay retailer also suggested a size 52 but they don’t have free returns and are based outside the US (Italy, I believe). That’s why I want to make sure I’m getting the correct size before I make the purchase. Also, if you or any other member could suggest a store in New Jersey where I could try on an Attolini suit would be much appreciated. Thank you for your suggestion.
Ok so you are not in EU, sorry about that. You can always check with attolini themselves to measure for you the shoulders for size 52 jacket and after that compare it with your Zegna. Just ask them the details of the measurements to be sure you are doing the same with Zegna
I always talk to them about everything here
[email protected]

Last edited:

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attolini is known for being cut very slim, with high armscyes.

I own about a half-dozen Attolini suits, and about ten sportcoats. A 50/40 R7 in Attolini fits me well, while a similar RTW size in Kiton is too big for me.

I have not tried a RTW Zegna suit in a long time , but have never found Zegna to be cut as slim as Attolini.

Can't speak to Isaia, as I would always go with Attolini in that price range.

Johnny80

Reaction score
2 things that i would question your attolini authenticity , cut and the lower price. Check your label
1)Attolini cut very slim to body when they are Drop 7? is relax fit and not even an slim fit.
Isaia has Drop 8 that is slim and Zegna is among some that also has true very slim Drop 9.
2)Isaia it had never been in price range of Attolini, i always paid 50% more of Isaia price range for Attolini and double of isaia price for an Drop 8 Kiton
So Attolini cut is around Drop 7 from Zegna and Kiton drop 7, relax fit
Isaia has only slim cut Drop 8
Zegna has from drop 6 to drop 9 or even 10( very rare)
Kiton in general rtw has drop 6-7-8
To OP dm me and i get you in touch with Mr. Massimiliano Attolini or with their head of communication team Mr Francesco Antinolfi if you want to buy from them
Bye

Last edited:

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 things that i would question your attolini authenticity , cut and the lower price. Check your label
1)Attolini cut very slim to body when they are Drop 7? is relax fit and not even an slim fit.
Isaia has Drop 8 that is slim and Zegna is among some that also has true very slim Drop 9.
2)Isaia it had never been in price range of Attolini, i always paid 50% more of Isaia price range for Attolini and double of isaia price for an Drop 8 Kiton
So Attolini cut is around Drop 7 from Zegna and Kiton drop 7, relax fit
Isaia has only slim cut Drop 8
Zegna has from drop 6 to drop 9 or even 10( very rare)
Kiton in general rtw has drop 6-7-8
To OP dm me and i get you in touch with Mr. Massimiliano Attolini or with their head of communication team Mr Francesco Antinolfi if you want to buy from them
Bye

I did not say Attolini Drop 7 is more slim than Isaia Drop 8. I simply stated based on my experience of comparison to similar sized Kiton, the Attolini fits me much better.

I also did not not say Isaia is in the price range of Attolini or Kirton. But if I was considering spending more than $6,000 US on a RTW suit, Attolini fits me better and is my preference over the other brands.

Aly.B

Reaction score
Thank you all very kindly for your advice, insights, and suggestions. I have a string feeling that a size 52 Attolini should be a good fit for me but I’ll still reach out to Attolini for exact measurements, just to be on the safe side. Much appreciated!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads