• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cesare Attolini Appreciation Thread

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Attolini shirts? If so, are you happy with the quality? I'm debating between Attolini and Kiton shirts

kevinsvindland

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Attolini shirts? If so, are you happy with the quality? I'm debating between Attolini and Kiton shirts
Top notch! Great both in terms of fabrics and craftmanship.
Qualitywise i guess the two are pretty similar. But style and tastewise i find Attolini to be the preferrable choice.

Aquafortis

Reaction score
I have a couple Kiton shirts, eight or ten Attolini, and about the same number of Finamore. Attolini and Finamore are definitely my favorite, mainly in the slimmer cut. I don't think you can go wrong with Kiton, and I have not found significant variation in quality of fabrics or construction between Kiton and Attolini. So, it comes down to personal preferences, and whether one feels the higher price point of Kiton is justified, if it may be a factor of consideration.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got quite a few shirts by Attolini, Kiton and Finamore. Kiton have the greatest range of fabrics and while many of the patterns are unappealing, there are enough that most people will find something they like. Attolini's range is conservative by comparison, but that's fine if all you want are business shirts.

I would rate the neatness of construction higher in Attolini and Finamore. The button holes especially. I also prefer the softer collar and cuffs that they offer in comparison to Kiton. I believe that, in the case of Attolini at least, this is because they use fusing rather than a canvassing. A canvassed suit is superior, but with shirts I think it's a matter of preference.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Cesare Attolini Suit and Finamore Napoli Shirt.. this is one of their newer iterations and is more contemporary in terms of its cut to the sports coat I own from them..cut a lot shorter all the way around with slight medium rise.. quality is obviously there, but its not a suit I wear often just due to the more contemporary cut..My tailor, however, loves the craftmanship of this suit..I own two Finamore Napoli shirts.. very soft collars, hand made buttons and slimmer, compared to the Kiton shirts I own..

SAM_6040.JPG
SAM_6048.JPG

FPB

Reaction score
Anyone have any Cesare Attolini outerwear? There is a nice bomber jacket on ebay that I've got my eye on, but I'm wondering if it's made to the same standard as their suits. I'm guessing it is, but I'm curious if anyone has any actual firsthand experience.

TheWorldsFinest

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have any Cesare Attolini outerwear? There is a nice bomber jacket on ebay that I've got my eye on, but I'm wondering if it's made to the same standard as their suits. I'm guessing it is, but I'm curious if anyone has any actual firsthand experience.
Some of their pieces do have handwork, many do not. They are always doing things to a very high standard/quality, but it's hard to cross compare fully handmade suits to outerwear. Hope that makes sense.

Best,

Ian
ShopTheFinest.com

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a cashmere bomber by Cesare Attolini. It's one with the 'CA' label. It's made to a high standard, but no handwork.

I actually paid full retail for it because I liked the colour and style, but it isn't really worth that price. Without the handwork that attracts so many of us to Attolini, you don't feel like you're getting something that is better than clothing that might be half the price.

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Many of their leather jackets feature beautiful hand-sewn topstitching. Their A-1 and safari-style jackets are some of the nicest around.

untitled-6-Edit_3000px90q.jpg

10.jpg

No hand-sewn details here, but this reversible silk raincoat is a real stunner. The navy side for boring days, PoW when you are feeling to make a statement.

WIN_4684-Edit_3000px90q.jpg

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking through my clothes and decided to snap a few pics of my favourite Attolini items. There's the peacoat that they make in so many different types of cloth, mine being navy cashmere; and what is my absolute favourite sport jacket in the nicest cashmere I've experienced.

Attachments

Aquafortis

Reaction score
Just noticed today on the Attolini website, a new model is being featured and in the F/W lookbook.

I can't really associate anyone else with the brand but T.R. Pescod. Bummer.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pescod was stylish as Captain Birdseye.47e3740800000578-5246111-image-a-48_1515410524808-e1515415545367.jpg

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked the lookbook. The model I'll get used to, but I don't really like the layout they're using. I prefer the real life settings. Although what they've done is preferable to the old pictures they used with Pescod pasted onto picturesque backgrounds - sometimes way out of scale.

My favourite look from the book:
20200806_215650.jpg

Aquafortis

Reaction score
I just checked the lookbook. The model I'll get used to, but I don't really like the layout they're using. I prefer the real life settings. Although what they've done is preferable to the old pictures they used with Pescod pasted onto picturesque backgrounds - sometimes way out of scale.
Hmmm, I don't recall every seeing a photo setting with Pescod in any of their shoot material (either online or in print) that looked cut/pasted or out of scale? I think you may be referring to some of the shots being close-up subject frames in sharp focus, with the background skillfully soft-focused.

Their new format seems to be an obvious cost cutting measure and IMHO, brings down the overall impression of the presentation to a much lower standard with less distinctiveness.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's