1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Cesare Attolini Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MarkWinter, Jan 31, 2018.

1. BXpress

BXpress Senior Member

Sadly i can't afford any of the jackets but i grabbed this tie on sale. The first paisley that i actually liked:

Attolinipaisely.jpg

2. Aquafortis

Aquafortis Senior Member

Your website says free worldwide shipping with orders orders over 200E. Which is it?

3. kevinsvindland

kevinsvindland Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

If you are buying Attolini I think you’re in the clear either way..

4. Aquafortis

Aquafortis Senior Member

Thank you! Two shirts ordered!

5. bobbers

bobbers Senior Member

I just wanted to share pics of a jacket I picked up at Neiman Marcus Last Call over the holidays. It still requires the cuff buttons attached and take up the sleeves a bit. Normally way out of my price range, the fit is satisfactory and I couldn't pass it up at the price: at Bergdorf Goodman originally $4595, at Last Call it was down to $572.

a1.JPG a2.JPG a3.JPG

6. Aquafortis

Aquafortis Senior Member

Nice find.
    Had a casual Friday lunch recently with a dear old friend from the EU who was in town, and wore one of my Attolini cashmere jackets. Shirt is Orazio Luciano. Pocket square is Attolini as well. The amazing cut and silhouette of Cesare Attolini is simply unrivaled, IMHO. IMG_20190215_183933_463.jpg

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

That cut really is something else. V nice.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Whoops, forgot to mention that the ensemble was crafted expertly. Great use of a great SC. :cheers:

9. Aquafortis

Aquafortis Senior Member

Thank you. That's a great compliment. I always strive to keep things simple. And when one has something as exceptional as Attolini to work with, I believe that a sportcoat like this needs little else. Less is more is a good mantra with classic attire.

Oh, and it's an unintended effect of the beveled edge at the bottom of that mirror I used, but it made the coat appear to have double pockets.

10. MarkWinter

MarkWinter Senior Member

Details shots of amazing wool/cashmere herringbone SC. The cut and fit is certainly one of best for RTW, IMO the handwork too. Neat, clean beautiful.

CESARE_ATTOLINI_Handmade_Blue_Herringbone_Wool-Cashmere_Jacket_EU_50_US_404_1024x1024.jpg
    CESARE_ATTOLINI_Handmade_Blue_Herringbone_Wool-Cashmere_Jacket_EU_50_US_406_1024x1024.jpg
    CESARE_ATTOLINI_Handmade_Blue_Herringbone_Wool-Cashmere_Jacket_EU_50_US_405_1024x1024.jpg
    CESARE_ATTOLINI_Handmade_Blue_Herringbone_Wool-Cashmere_Jacket_EU_50_US_403_1024x1024.jpg

11. Aquafortis

Aquafortis Senior Member

So I just picked up a new RTW Cesare Attolini sport coat from a reputable vendor based near Naples. It does not have working surgeon's cuffs/buttonholes, but came with buttons attached on the sleeves, and set up to have buttonholes sewn in. Is this typical for Attolini RTW, presumably to allow for proper placement of buttons/buttonholes based on any needed sleeve length adjustments? All my other Attolini are MTM.

12. PORCAMOSRL

PORCAMOSRL Member Affiliate Vendor

Thank you Aquafortis for the nice feedback!
    Btw, as I was telling you via mail, the buttons/sleeves question varies depending on the case from model to model. Now we are including these informations in our products descriptions :)

Chiara

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019

13. Aquafortis

Aquafortis Senior Member

Thank you Chiara. I see in the product "More Information" tab for sport coats/blazers, that the number of buttons is listed, such as "3 Buttons". This refers to the number of buttons on the front of the jacket, but I don't see any reference to the sleeve buttons, and whether they are functional or not.

Cheers.

14. PORCAMOSRL

PORCAMOSRL Member Affiliate Vendor

For this type of informations, usually, we suggest to ask us directly through the zendesk chat on the site during the purchasing process. Now, thanks to your advice, we will try to put these informations straight in the products page :)

Chiara

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019